1. Enjoy a whole afternoon of good music at Wanderland on March 5, at the Globe Circuit Event Grounds. Why you should go: This time around, Wanderland has got two powerhouse headliners, Death Cab for Cutie and Bon Iver, truly big names in alternative rock and indie folk, respectively.
2. The wait is over as Les Miserables kicks off March 11 at The Theatre at Solaire. Why you should go: Aside from the fact that Rachelle Ann Go is part of the cast as Fantine, it will be the first time that West End’s longest running musical will be staged in the Philippines.
3. Get to know more about skate culture and its influence on art at Skate Art Movement happening on March 11 and 12 at Commercenter, Alabang. Why you should go: Skate culture is getting more and more exciting here in the Philippines, so there's no better time to get into the groove of things than now. Oh and guess what? We heard Kapamilya heartthrob Xian Lim will be showcasing a skateboard masterpiece of his, alongside an impressive roster of burgeoning artists. Proceeds from the auction will also be donated to All Together in Dignity, an organization that aids educational programs for children who are members of less fortunate families from depressed areas.
4. Check out how Filipino interior designers interpret today’s furniture trends at the Philippine International Furniture Show (PIDS) from March 11 to 13 at SMX Convention Center, Pasay City. Why you should go: Aside from local furniture designers showcasing their respective works, the event also aims to promote entrepreneurship to aspiring Filipino designers.
5. Fans of Australian pop-rock group 5 Seconds of Summer will, indeed, be able to jumpstart summer in the best way possible as the group performs at the Mall of Asia Arena on March 12. Why you should go: It will be 5 Seconds of Summer’s first solo concert in the Philippines! Get set to rock out and dance to "She's So Perfect" and "Amnesia," among their other hits.
ALSO READ: Daily Diaries: When the Universe Conspires for an Unapologetic Die-Hard Madonna Fan
Banner Photograph of Youngblood Hawke at Wanderland 2015 by Rafael Reynante