Beer, er, we mean “-ber” months are here and it only means that parties and get-togethers are about to ramp up! Friends and family come together during this time to celebrate the longest Christmas celebration on this side of the world.
Now before you write your Christmas cards and unbox your gifts, why don’t you and your friends start the “-ber” months with a hearty toast and healthy swigs of beer at the Okada Manila Octoberfest? From September 23 to 28, Okada Manila will have its celebration of Germany’s Octoberfest at the Crystal Corridor featuring the very best of Bavarian dining and drinking culture.
Here are five reasons why you and your best buddies shouldn’t miss the Okada Manila Octoberfest.
1. Free-flowing German beer and authentic Bavarian food. Octoberfest is many things, but it’s primarily a beer festival. It’s a guarantee that drinks will flow and no glass will be left unfilled until the end of the program. You and your friends can soak in this beer bash with traditional Octoberfest beer coming from the world’s oldest brewery Weihenstephan and many other special brews.
And because you can’t drink with an empty stomach, you can pair it all up with an authentic spread of Bavarian food made by the culinary team who was named Overall Champions of the 2019 Philippine Culinary Cup. It’s definitely a feast for everyone to enjoy.
2. Will Devaughn is this year’s host. Leading this year’s celebration is Filipino-German model and actor Will Devaughn. He will take over hosting duties and will make sure that everyone will have a good time from the tapping of the keg up to the final toast of the event.
3. Traditional merriments and festivities. Bringing Munich to Manila is a tough task but with countless of activities at hand, you and your friends will definitely have a swell time in this traditional celebration of drinks, dining, and music. The Crystal Corridor will be dressed up as a biergarten or a traditional beer garden where all revelries will happen. This event will recreate not just the Octoberfest tent but the entire Octoberfest fairgrounds.
So break out your steins, loosen your lederhosen, and you can even go in your traditional dirndl to complete the authentic Octoberfest experience. You should also watch out and get ready for drinking games, bratwurst-eating competitions, and more surprises!
4. Live entertainment by an oompah band. Octoberfest party band Alpengaudi will be flying in from Europe to set the mood for everyone in the event. With multiple years of experience on tour, this Austrian octet has been rocking Octoberfest parties all over the world with trips in the US, UK, and the Middle East. Their tunes and quirks will definitely leave you singing “Ein prosit!” until the end of the celebration.
5. It’s Okada Manila’s biggest Octoberfest yet! Touted as Manila’s grand icon, Okada Manila has mounted memorable events in recent years: from the unveiling of the world’s largest multicolor dancing fountain to Cove Manila’s opening party, this integrated resort never shies away from putting on a show. With a 6-day celebration this year, Okada Manila is set to have the biggest (and longest) Octoberfest celebration in Entertainment City.
The Okada Manila Octoberfest runs from September 23 to 28. Tickets available at 555-5799. Visit okadamanila.com for more details.
ALSO READ: In Focus: 5 Sarah Geronimo-Approved Activities To Try With The Whole Barkada