1. Fans of Japanese pop culture (or otaku in the native language) will surely enjoy at Ozine Fest 2016. Aside from international cosplayers like Ely, Luffy, Miu, and Siutao and international illustrator DMYO gracing the event, J-Pop Group FLOW will be performing on April 16. Head over to: SMX Convention Center, Pasay City from April 15-17, 10:00AM-8:00PM (P300 Entrance fee. Tickets to FLOW’s performance start at P1,000; email firstname.lastname@example.org for ticket inquiries).
2. Vinyl ethusiasts who are in search or rare records, or simply want to listen to music the old way should drop by Record Store Day MNL. Fellow vinyl enthusiasts like Diego Castillo, Supreme Fist, DJ Marlon DLC, Umph, and many more will be playing records that might fancy you. Head over to: Treskul Records and Café, 641 Boni Avenue, Cifra Building, Mandaluyong City, on April 16, 1PM (Free admission).
3. Spend the weekend appreciating the beauty of old Manila at Design Week and Viva Manila’s Intramuros Pasyal. In addition to having a weekend market featuring must-try Filipino foods, there will be workshops (one of them being Urban Sketchers Philippines’ Sketch Walks), and jamming sessions with street musicians in celebration of the best of Philippine food, arts, and music. Head over to: Plaza Sta. Isabel, Intramuros, Manila, on April 16-17, 3PM to 10PM; Sketch Walks will be from 3PM to 6PM (Free admission).
4. Love the outdoors, but just don't have the time to go out of Metro Manila is not included in your options? You might want to consider ROX Outdoor Festival to satisfy your craving for the outdoors. In addition to games and shows, activities include a lead climbing completion, an on-the-spot photography contest, outdoor survival workshops, and a movie night. Head over to: Bonifacio High Street Amphitheater on April 16-17 (Free admission).
5. In search of an adorable pet to take care of? Why not Adopt-a-Kitten? At this Cat Café Manila event, you can find the one for you from among more than 20 kittens looking for a home and a caring owner. In addition to their cat adoption event, Cat Café Manila has a special surprise in celebration of their anniversary. Head over to: Cat Café Manila, 2nd floor 189 Maginhawa Street corner Makadios Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City on April 17, 8:30AM (Free admission).
6. Find rare sneaker pairs, one-of-a-kind clothes, and more at Sunika MNL A Sneaker and Lifestyle Festival, while being entertained with live performances throughout the day. Head over to: 88 United St., Greenfield District, Mandaluyong City, on April 17, 10AM-11PM (P150 ticket price).
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Show Your Love and Care for the Environment at Earth Day Jam 2016!
Banner photograph from Design Week PR