In just a moment or two, we'll all be overwhelmed with holiday festivities. Everyone encounters the muddling problem of what to serve guests when they've just arrived and your slow-cook star dishes or short orders aren't out of the kitchen yet. Consider this simple yet yummy platter of veggie sticks with an addicting homemade take on the famous tinned Frito-Lay's onion dip! We guarantee it'll be difficult to stop dipping and munching once you start. Check out our gallery above and the recipe and how to make it below.
- 100g carrot sticks, 100g cucumber/celery sticks, 100g jicama/singkamas sticks
- 1 medium red onion finely minced, if large use half
- 1 stick of butter from which you can use 2 tbsp.
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 container of sour cream 240g
- Worcestershire sauce/Tabasco sauce optional for spicy version
- Spring Onions/chives optional for garnish
- Mash one beef bouillon cube in two tablespoons of butter.
- Add one finely minced clove of garlic and one finely minced red onion.
- Blend into buttery mix very well.
- Mix in one container sour cream.
- Option: If you want a cheesy dip with more body, add 3 tbsp cream cheese.)
- Option: For a spicier version season with one tsp Worcestershire sauce or add Tabasco to desired heat level.
- Serve with chips and your choice of raw vegetable sticks and chips. If you're using celery don't forget to remove the stringy parts!
ALSO READ: Kitchen Whiz: Warm Up To The Cozy Weather With These Mug Brownies—Here's How To Make 'Em!