Who says that love and work don't go well together? That's definitely not the case for reel-to-real life couple Nadine Lustre and James Reid, who have proved to the world many times over the incomparable magic of their love for each other, on cam or off cam. From On The Wings Of Love (OTWOL) to This Time, Till I Met You (TIMY), and everything in between (including a book and countless magazine covers and endorsements), JaDine is #relationshipgoals for many.
As they celebrate their first year as a couple, we look back at the highlights of #TeamReal. Lots of cheese coming right up!
1. February 11, 2016: It's all official, everyone! While Nadine and James have already opened up about their relationship status in a backstage interview, it was actually days before the much-awaited JaDine in Love concert when James asked Nadine to be his girlfriend. “It’s so liberating to just be able to hold her hand in public and say I love you out loud,” James said in an interview with ABS-CBN News.
2. March 13, 2016: Their first monthsary date. Celebrating a month of being in an official relationship, James and Nadine went for Antonio’s Garden in Tagaytay as their venue of choice to celebrate the occasion.
3. March 27, 2016: A romantic surprise in Paris, France. While abroad for their two-week long concert tour, James decided to surprise his lady love by preparing a breakfast picnic while strolling around Paris, France’s Jardin du Luxembourg. For Nadine, James’ picnic surprise was the most romantic gesture throughout the duration of the tour.
4. April 4-9, 2016: Shooting in Saga, Japan for This Time. After the conclusion of OTWOL, it was back to work for JaDine as they began taping for the movie This Time. Shot in Saga, Japan, they made headlines as they were featured in a Japanese news show, highlighting Saga as a popular filming spot. See, their reel-to-real romance is not just popular in the Philippines, but also abroad!
5. May 3, 2016: This Time Premiere Night. Both James and Nadine looked stunning during the premiere of This Time, their first movie as a couple. Trivia: Nadine was hands-on in designing her blush-toned Mak Tumang dress during that night.
6. May 10, 2016: Nadine’s birthday surprise for James. Coinciding with their third month as a couple, Nadine, along with James’ close friends, threw a surprise party for James’ 23rd birthday. Prior to the surprise party, Nadine had a pre-recorded birthday greeting for James, which aired on ASAP.
“Hi James happy birthday. Ang wish ko sa 'yo, all the happiness that you desire. Lagi mong tatandaan that I’ll always be here for you and I’ll always be your partner in crime. Happy birthday. I love you,” Nadine said.
7. July 11, 2016: Cebu Getaway with their close friends. More than just a getaway with friends, this particular vacation was the first time both James and Nadine flaunted their sexy and toned bodies on social media. Their Cebu vacation came a month after Nadine was leading the polls for FHM Magazine’s 100 Sexiest list, with James reacting to this development via a controversial but very sweet tweet.
8. August 1, 2016: Teen Vogue feature. Another proof of their rising popularity was their interview on the online portal of US magazine Teen Vogue, with the article talking about the Filipino’s admiration for love teams like JaDine. “As cliché as it sounds, JaDine has proven that there’s really nothing they can’t do in the name of love,” Teen Vogue digital entertainment writer Isis Briones said in her article.
[related: Hot Stuff: JaDine's Interview with International Publication Teen Vogue Is Finally Out!]
9. August 10: Start of their work-vacation in Santorini, Greece. Fresh from the hype generated by OTWOL and This Time, JaDine and the cast and crew of TIMY headed over to Greece to shoot scenes for the show. Aside from taping, JaDine also did a fashion shoot, with people describing Nadine as a “goddess” in the photos.
10. October 01, 2016: Guest Editors for Metro Magazine. Aside from posing for the camera, JaDine harnessed their creative side as they worked as guest editors for Metro Magazine. Being hands on when it came to the the issue’s styling, photography, and overall direction and the final product coming out real nice is proof that these two have got more talents than we know!
[related: Hot Stuff: 7 Things You Never Knew About James Reid And Nadine Lustre]
11. February 11, 2017: First anniversary. As they celebrate their first year as a couple, James left a simple message for his partner-in-crime. “Happy 1st, love,” James said in his post. Nadine, on the other hand, is cheerful as they celebrate Valentine’s week and their anniversary in Japan.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Perfect Selfie for Others—Here’s How You Can Be Selfless In This World Full Of Selfies
Photographs from Instagram.com/jaye.wolf, Instagram.com/nadzlustre, Instagram.com/jadineteampuyat, and Instagram.com/Mega_Magazine