1. Get ready to witness the live painting of murals on buildings around Bonifacio Global City at this year’s Art BGC Festival. Artists who will be painting new murals include international artist collective Dog and Pony, Andrew Schoultz, Bunnie Reiss, Francisco Diaz, Trip 63, K.F.K, Kris Abrigo, and Emmy award-winning street artist HOTTEA. Head over to: Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, from May 12-21 (free admission. See location of the murals here).
2. Dispel those Friday the 13th myths by partying with Mr. Carmack and Jarreau Vandal (Team Supreme/ Soulection). Carmack is known for his electronic music combining elements of house, percussion, and hip-hop, while Vandal is known for his dance, hip-hop, R&B, and jazz fusion music. Head over to: Black Market, Warehouse 5, La Fuerza Compound 2, Sabio Street, Makati City, on May 13, 9PM (P1,000 Door charge).
3. Itching to learn some new dance moves? Sign up for a workshop with dancehall funk founder Zagga Zo, Big Shift's Dancehall Funk by Zagga Zo! If you're curious about Zo’s dance style, this dance reel should give you an idea of what to expect at his workshop. Head over to: Big Shift DANKA Studios, 3rd Level, A. Venue Mall, Makati Avenue, Makati City, on May 13, 6PM and May 15, 6PM (P1,000 registration fee).
4. Are you always in awe of Chinese paintings you see in museums? Well, you have a chance to learn how they do it at Shui Mo: Chinese Painting Workshop. Whether you are a beginner or experienced painter, nothing beats learning new techniques when it comes to painting! Head over to Yuchengco Museum, Saturdays from May 7 to July 9, 2PM to 5PM (P6,500 registration fee. Email email@example.com for details).
5. Spoken word artist Juan Miguel Severo will be celebrating his second year as a poet with Habang Wala Pa Sila 2. Get ready with those feels and emotions! Also, Juan Miguel will be selling signed copies of his book (of the same name) during the event. Head over to: Power Mac Center Spotlight, Level 2 Circuit Lane, Circuit Makati, Makati City, on May 14, 3PM and 8PM (P500 ticket price. Email hwps3Pmreserve@gmail.com for reservations).
6. Attention avid fans of American rock band Paramore: You must not miss Paramore Night 20. Aside from having the first-ever Paramore Night Battle of the Bands and a full band Paraoke, artists Mayonnaise, Drive Me To Juliet, 88 City, Unit 406, and Southern Lights will be performing, and there will also be prizes that will be raffled off during the night. Head over to: B-Side, The Collective, 7274 Malugay Street, Makati City, on May 14, 7PM (P300 door charge).
7. Make the Doggie Fun Fair your next bonding activity with your pet pooch. Aside from free services like grooming, vaccination, vet consultation, and doggie vitamins, there are demo and presentations that will guide you on how to be a responsible dog owner. Head over to: Greenfield Central Park, Greenfield District, Mandaluyong City, on May 15, 10AM-7PM (P150 entrance fee).
8. Fancy a different bonding experience with your mother? Why not sign up for a Terrarium Making Workshop with Raab Bustamante? Aside from learning about the history of terrariums, you and you mother will get to make your own miniature gardens. Head over to: The Forum, 4/F Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City, on May 15, 1PM-6PM (P3,500 registration fee. Contact +63926-6921945 or firstname.lastname@example.org for other inquiries).
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: These Juan Miguel Severo Quotes Will Make Your Heart Ache All Over Again
Banner photograph from the Arts at BGC Facebook page