1. Walk barefoot for a good cause at Toms’ One Day without Shoes, as the shoe brand continues to level up its advocacy centered on providing shoes for less fortunate childen. For this event, Toms will be donating a pair of shoes to a child in need for every person who takes a photo of their bare feet with the hashtag #withoutshoes. Head over to: Westgate Alabang, Muntinlupa City, on May 10, 4PM-7PM (Free admission).
2. As we await the election results, why not make room for some laughs? See Filipino culture in a different light, by checking out Literature Class R39’s Touch Me Deins: A Modern Adaptation of Noli Me Tangere, a satirical twist on the classic novel. Head over to: Rizal Theater, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City, on May 10, 5:30PM-6:30PM (P50 ticket charge).
3. Join Ludo's Epic Card Game Tournament, where you'll get to learn the basics of the game, and apply these learnings in a mini-tournament afterwards. Exclusive promo cards are up for grabs as prizes for the tournament. Head over to: Ludo: Boardgame Bar & Café, 26 Sct. Torillo corner Sct. Fuentebella Streets, Quezon city, on May 10, 7PM (P250 Registration fee).
4. Still looking for fun activities your kids can do this summer? Enroll them at Enderun’s Summer Camp, where they can join various classes ranging from arts and crafts, science and engineering, personal and social development, and culinary arts. Head over to: Enderun Extension, 1100 Campus Ave., McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, starting May 11, 1PM (P15,000 registration fee. Register here).
5. Currently building a new home, or searching for new furniture fittings, bathroom accesories, and kitchen appliances for your house makeover? Hafele will be having a Red Tag Sale! Save as much as 90% on select products that will surely make you home prettier. Head over to: Hafele Philippines Head Office, Levi Mariano Avenue, Taguig City, from May 12 to May 14, 8AM to 5PM.
6. Fancy tasting different wine varieties for a good cause? The Wine Club, along with Operation Restore Hope and Chef Chris Urbano, will be holding a Charity Wine Tasting and Auction, where proceeds will go to Operation Restore Hope’s upcoming outreach mission in Cebu. Head over to: The Wine Club, 101 Aguirre Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City, on May 12, 6PM (P2,500 ticket price. Text +63927-8816969 or email [email protected] for inquiries).
7. Have you ever been curious about Slavic art? A Space will be holding an exhibit entitled ImpresSionArt, where the gallery will be showcasing various Romantic and Impressionist art from Ukraine, Russia, and Armenia. Visitors can purchase some of these artworks at affordable prices. Head over to: A Space, 110 Legazpi Street, Makati City, on May 12, 7PM (Free admission).
8. Icelandic indie-pop folk band Of Monsters and Men will be visiting Manila for the first time. Expect them to play their hits like “Little Talks,” “Dirty Paws,” and many more from their latest album Beneath the Skin. Head over to: World Trade Center, Pasay City, May 12, 8PM (Ticket prices start at P3,225 for Gold. Purchase tickets here).
ALSO READ: The Roundup: 6 Upcoming Sales and Discounts That Will Surely Make Your Wallet Happy
Banner photograph from Of Monsters and Men Facebook page