1. Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli will be returning to the Philippines after his last visit in 2004. Bocelli’s “Cinema” World Tour will focus on his latest album Cinema, featuring his rendition of classical soundtracks and scores. Head over to: Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay City, on April 26, 8PM (Ticket prices start at P2,635. Purchase tickets here).
2. Are you tired of your long hair? Why not have it trimmed for a good cause at Makati Medical Center’s A Gift for Your Hair? Cancer patients are the main beneficiaries of your trimmed locks, and it will surely make a world of difference for them. Head over to: Makati Medical Center Auditorium, 8th Floor, Tower 2, Amorsolo Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City, on April 27, 12NN-4PM (Free admission).
3. Taylor Swift may not be coming back here in the near future, but fellow Swifties can celebrate the global pop star’s songs for one night at This Sick Beat Part 2. Reese Lansangan, The Three of Us, The Putings, LM Cancio, Jena Venida, and Maxine Tiongson will accompany fellow Swifties in performing Taylor’s top songs. Head over to: saGuijo Café + Bar Events, 7612 Guijo Street, San Antonio Village, Makati City, on April 27, 8PM (No door charge).
4. American rock band Copeland will be holding a special concert called Copeland by Request. The more exciting part? Fans will get the chance to tell Copeland which songs they would like to hear. Now that’s one rare opportunity! Head over to: SM Skydome, SM City North EDSA, Quezon City, on April 28, 8PM (Ticket prices start at P1,800. Purchase tickets at SM Ticket outlets nationwide).
5. Celebrate the love for literature at the National Book Development Board’s (NBDB) 7th Philippine International Literary Festival. Aside from workshops and a plenary session, there will be roundtable talks on writing, publishing, readership, and rights trading. Head over to: QCX Museum, Quezon Memorial Circle, Quezon City, from April 28-29, 9AM to 5:30PM (Free admission. Bringing book donations is highly encouraged).
6. In search of the best summer deals, since it's payday this coming weekend? You'll surely spot good bargains, from gadgets to fitness products, at Circulo Verdes’ Fit For Summer Sale. Head over to: Circulo Verde, Calle Industria, Libis, Quezon City, From April 28 to May 1, 11AM to 10PM (Free admission).
7. Are you looking for fresh fashion finds that are friendly on the wallet? SM Megamall will be having its Fashion de Avance, a major mallwide sale this weekend. But while the actual sale is from April 29-May 1, shoppers can visit as early as April 28 to score great fashion deals! Head over to: SM Megamall, Pasig City, from April 28 to May 1, 10AM to 10PM (Free admission).
ALSO READ: The Roundup: Here Are All The Summer Music Events and Festivals You Should Not Miss