1. Fresh Filter is back in Quezon City once again! Acts like Reese Lansangan, Nanay Mo, Chairman Mouse, Oh, Flamingo!, and The Buildings will be performing for the night. Head over to: Route 196, 196-A Katipunan Extension, Blue Ridge A, Quezon City, on April 22, 9PM (P200 Entrance fee).
2. Be transported to the Land of the Rising Sun at this year's Make Your Own Havaianas. This is your once a year chance to get your one-of-a-kind pair so don't miss it (the commemmorative pair is so kawaii, trust us). Head over to: SM Mega Fashion Hall, Mandaluyong City, and select Havaianas retailers, from April 22 to 24, 10AM to 10PM (Price depends on extent of customization).
3. In addition to your loved ones, your pets are also welcome to party over the weekend as The Palace Pool Club opens its doors to kids and pets via a pool barbecue event, Weekend Fun. Head over to: The Palace Pool Club, 9th Ave. cor. 32nd St., Uptown Bonifacio, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, on April 23, 11AM-5PM (call +63917-6898888 for reservations and inquiries).
4. Celebrate your love for books together with fellow reading enthusiasts at the National Book Development Board’s celebration of International Book Day. The day-long event will have poetry recitals, concerts, henna and calligraphy stations, and a shirt printing booth, where book lovers can have their favorite quotes from the winners of 34th National Book Awards printed. Head over to: Ayala Triangle Gardens, Makati City, on April 23, 10AM to 11PM (Free admission).
5. Indie record label Red Ninja Productions will be celebrating its 7th year with Red Ninja Year 7 Fest. Their music festival-inspired celebration will feature 22 artists, which include Ebe Dancel, Bullet Dumas, Flying Ipis, and Mayonnaise, among others. Head over to: B-Side, The Collective, 7274 Malugay Street, Makati City, on April 23, 2PM onwards (Ticket prices start at P450).
6. Those who love arts and crafts will feel like kids in a candy store at Shangri-La Plaza Mall's #ShangCraftMania event. This weekend’s workshop offerings include watercoloring, calligraphy, journaling, and bead accessory-making. Head Over to: Shangri-La Plaza, Mandaluyong from April 23 to 24, 2PM-6PM (Free admission).
7. Looking for fun activities for you and your loved ones? National Book Store’s Grand Summer Art Camp has a lot of exciting activities in store for the whole day. Participants can choose to learn a thing or two about drawing, doodling, coloring, sketching, and so much more. Head over to: SM Mall of Asia Main Atrium, Pasay City, on April 24, 10AM-6PM (Free Registration).
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Show Your Love and Care for the Environment at Earth Day Jam 2016!