Want to make your summer memorable? Check out these music festivals happening from April to May. Whether it's an EDM party, an OPM party, or a Rock party you fancy, we've got a variety of options for you on this list. Happy partying!
1. For the beach lover: Summer Siren Music Festival. Aside from three days of beach festivities with the top DJs and bands in the Philippines, Summer Siren also has various acitivty offerings, from yoga sessions, poi dancing, to crossfit sessions. Among those performing during the three-day festival are Hale, Moonstar 88, The Zombettes, Cheats, BP Valenzuela, and many more. Head over to: Crystal Beach, Zambales from April 8-10 (P2,500 ticket price. Purchase tickets here).
2. For the North girl who can't get enough of the mall: Castaway 3 Music Festival. If you find Zambales a bit far for you, but you live in the north, SM Malls in Pampanga has got you covered with their local lineup, which include Rico Blanco, Pupil, Ebe Dancel, Spongecola, Tom Taus, Mark Miranda, and many more. Head over to: SM City Clark on April 8, 6PM; SM City Pampanga on April 9, 6PM; and SM City San Fernando on April 10, 6PM (Free admission for every P1,000 purchase, for general admission, and P5,000 purchase, for VIP, at participating malls).
3. For the South girl who can't get enough of the mall: #BeOne Music Festival. If you live somewhere down south, troop to SM Malls Parañaque: They've got Bamboo, Never the Strangers, Jensen and the Flips, DJ Callum David, Absolute Play, DJ Badkiss, DJ Tom Taus (for SM Bicutan), Barbie Almalbis, Kitchie Nadal (for SM Sucat), Pupil, Ebe Dancel, Travis Monsod, and Deuce (for SM BF Homes) performing. Head over to: SM City Bicutan, on April 9, 6PM; SM BF Homes Main Atrium on April 16, 5PM; and SM City Sucat Open Parking April 23, 8PM (Free admission for every P1,500 purchase at participating malls).
4. For the Kanye West worshipper: Paradise International Music Festival. Fans of hip hop artist Kanye West can expect loads of exciting suprises in his first concert in Manila, with Wiz Khalifa, Austin Mahone, and former X Factor group 4th Impact, performing as well. Head over to: ASEANA Open Grounds, Paranaque, on April 9, 10AM (Ticket price from P3,700 for Paradise Express. Purchase tickets here).
5. For the reggae fan: International Reggae Festival. Those who are in love with Bob Marley’s style of music and reggae in general should make this festival a must-visit. Local reggae bands like Tropical Depression, Brownman Revival, and Bahaghari will be making the night one for the books. Head over to: SM Mall of Asia Concert grounds, Pasay City, on April 16, 6PM (Ticket prices start at P850 for gold regular. Purchase tickets here).
6. For the Vinyl lover: Satchmi Vinyl Day. Now on its fourth year, Satchmi celebrates the love for vinyl and indie music. Rising indie artists Reese Lansangan, BP Valenzuela, Jensen and the Flips, Taken by Cars, and The Ransom Collective will be pumping up the vinyl-loving crowd with their beats. Aside from performances, vinyl enthusiasts also get to check out a treasure trove of exciting record finds. Head over to: UP Town Center Amphitheater, Quezon City, on April 30, 12NN (Free admission).
7. For the rakista: Pulp Summer Slam 16. Those who love sick guitar riffs and earth-shattering drum beats will have one fantastic time at Pulp Magazine’s rock festival. Headlining the event this year is Italian metal band Lacuna Coil, best known for their breakthrough album Comalies and current single "Trip to Darkness.” Head over to: Amoranto Stadium, Roces Avenue, Quezon City on April 30, 12NN (P555 ticket price. Purchase tickets here).
8. For the Labor day partygirl who can't get out of the city: Summer Sun Music Festival. Those spending Labor Day Weekend in Metro Manila will enjoy partying along with American singer-songwriter-producer Robin Thicke, DJs Fedde Le Grand and Shogun, and R&B singer Jonn Hart for one night. Head over to: Globe Circuit Event Grounds, Makati, on April 30 from 3PM to 3AM (Price from P2,299 for Early Bird Patron tickets).
9. For the Laboracay fanatics: ZoukOut Prelude Edition. Have a blast at LaBoracay dancing to the latest EDM, trance, and dance music for not one, but two nights! DJ Kaskade, Moti, MMXJ, Junior & Royal, DVBBS and many more will be spinning their beats in the first Philippine edition of this hit Singaporean music festival. Head over to: Epic and Uptown beachfront, Station 2, Boracay, from April 30-May 1 (Ticket prices start at P2500 for GA Advance. Purchase tickets here).
10. For those who believe in forever: CloseUp Forever Summer. The last installment of CloseUp's hit annual summer music festival brings top international DJs Dmitri Vegas and Like Mike (tagged as the #1 DJ in the world) to spin beats in Manila for the first time. Another reason to look forward to this party? There's a good chance that you might bump into James Reid and Nadine Lustre, Enrique Gil, and Coleen Garcia during the event! Head over to: SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds on May 21, 4PM (P4,000 ticket price. Purchase tickets here).
ALSO READ: Cultured!: The People You Meet at Music Festivals—and Who Best to Be BFFs With