With the lockdown extended, so is the uncertainty on when we'll be able to hit the beauty stores for our beauty essentials. While some stores offer door-to-door delivery, there can still be delays in delivery due to MECQ—and, you know, skincare can't wait.
But no need to worry. If you’re looking for a cheaper and more natural alternative to your skincare, body care or hair care products, covered are you! See five easy do-it-yourself recipes for your beauty needs below!
[related:Cheat Sheet: Easy, Celeb-Approved Nail Art Ideas By Celeb Artist Mimi Qiu]
Got used dried coffee grounds? Don't throw them just yet because you may use it to make Coffee Body Scrub. Not only does it feel good on the skin, coffee grounds also has several benefits for the skin: it reduces the appearance of cellulite, improves blood circulation, adds glow to the skin, reduces inflammation, and many more!
- ½ cup coffee ground
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- In a glass bowl, combine all the ingredients and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Store the mixture in an airtight jar.
Give your lips the TLC it needs! Easily whip up this 3-step Coconut Lip Scrub and exfoliate away!
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tbsp. lukewarm water
- Small container
- In a bowl, mix together coconut oil and honey.
- Add in sugar and water.
- Add in a few drops of essential oils and mix.
- Store in an acrylic or glass lip balm container.
[related: Cheat Sheet: How To Keep Your Brows Clean, Healthy, And Naturally Gorj!]
Does your skin need a little help with hydration? This Hydrating and Anti-Aging Sheet Mask recipe uses only three ingredients that you probably already have at home!
- Dry sheet masks (You can get these from Daiso, Miniso, or Mumuso or you may use gauze pads)
- ¼ cup distilled water
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- 5-7 drops of rosehip oil
- Combine all the liquid ingredients together.
- Take your cotton sheet mask and drench it in the solution. Make sure it’s evenly soaked and let the excess drip off the mask.
- Leave on for 20 minutes. Remove mask and massage any leftover liquid into skin.
There are plenty of recipes out there, but if you want to add some shine to your crowning glory and make it smoother, this Avocado Hair Mask is for you.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp of argan oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or whisk them together until smooth.
- Apply the mixture throughout your dry hair, then wrap your hair with a Cling Wrap.
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.
[related: Cheat Sheet: How To Rock The Bare-Faced Look Like These Celebs]
We all know the moisturizing benefits of shea butter and coconut oil—it hydrates, softens, and also evens out skin tone, and restores elasticity. This Shea Butter and Coconut Oil Mask is peerfect if your skin is feeling dry.
- 1tbsp shea butter
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1tbsp Aloe vera (optional)
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the mixture onto your skin and let the mask dry for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Kapamilya Birthday Celebrations Made Sweet And Simple While In Lockdown
Banner image from Pexels.