We may be staycationing at home right now, but that doesn't mean we're skipping summer. As the temperature rises, we're looking for more ways to quench our thirst (other than a can of cold beer or your favorite bottled drink) that will leave us feeling refreshed.
If you're looking for new ways to cool you off on warm summer days, try making these drinks you can whip up in no time. No fancy mixes and garnishes here, just recipes that are very easy to make!
[related: Kitchen Whiz: Easy Dalgona Alternatives For Non-Coffee Drinkers]
Sparkling Thyme Lemonade
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 3 c. Club Soda
- bourbon (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Add thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer (do not stir) until sugar dissolves, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool completely. Remove thyme.
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice and cooled syrup. Add soda and serve over ice.
Ginger Lemon Honey Juice
- 1 whole ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- Lemon slices
- 1/2cup honey
- 1 liter water
- (Optional) fresh mint or chia seeds
- Combine water, ginger, and lemon zest and bring to boil.
- Turn off heat, cover, and steep for 30-45 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher and let it cool. Once cool, add honey and lemon juice then stir until dissolved.
- Serve over ice. Add mint, chia seeds, and lemon slices for garnish.
*can be served warm
[related: Cheat Sheet: Korean Restaurants That Deliver To Your Homes]
Cranberry Mint Mocktail
- Cranberry juice
- Sparkling water
- Mint syrup or mint leaves
- In a larger cup, add in your juice, water, and mint syrup. Stir well until it is fully combined.
- Serve over ice and fresh or frozen cranberries.
Grapefruit Rosemary Drink
View this post on Instagram
Ingredients (Rosemary Simple Syrup):
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cups fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup of the rosemary simple syrup
- 4 cups sparkling water
Instructions (Rosemary Simple Syrup):
- In a small sauce pan on the stove, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar over medium heat. Dissolve the sugar for about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil or crystals will form.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, pour the simple syrup into a heat safe container.
- Add 3 sprigs of rosemary and let steep for at least one hour. The syrup will keep in the refrigerator for ten days.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh pink grapefruit into a serving glass.
- Add 1 tablespoon (1/2 oz) of rosemary simple syrup. Stir.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with sparkling water (about 1 cup).
- Garnish with rosemary sprig. Serve chilled
Dole Whip Lemonade
View this post on Instagram
- 2 c. frozen pineapple
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a glass, make a swirl.
ALSO READ: Hottie Alert: 2gether's Smoldering Star Bright Vachirawit—And His Jack-Of-All-Trades Life!
Banner image from Unsplash