With the rising number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Philippines, many are rushing to the supermarket to stock up on groceries, toilet rolls, alcohol, and cleaning agents.
[related: Lifestyle Buzz: List Of Canceled Events Amid The Coronavirus Crisis]
Apart from avoiding crowds and staying vigilant during the outbreak, it’s also important to make sure our surroundings are clean. Since disinfectant supplies are running out amid the coronavirus scare, we can resort to making it ourselves.
[related: In Focus: What Different Countries Are Doing Right To Prevent COVID-19 Spread]
On ABS-CBN morning show Umagang Kay Ganda, chemist Janir Datukan broke it down into three easy steps using ingredients that might just be readily available at home. Read on!
[related: In Focus: 5 Steps To Help Boost Your Immune System Fast!]
- Spray bottle
- Five drops of essential oil
- Mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Add a few drops of your chosen essential oil and shake the container.
- Spray it on the fabric.
For kitchen and lavatory tiles:
- 4 cups warm water
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 lemon slice
- Mix water, vinegar, baking soda, and lemon.
- Place it in a spray bottle.
- Optional: If you’re looking for a stronger solution, you may opt to add hydrogen peroxide, wait for 5-10 minutes to avoid unwanted chemical reaction, then add vinegar to the surface you are cleaning.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: How To Clean And Disinfect Your Home Fast
Banner image taken from Unsplash.com