Bring out the kid in you as the Philippine Toys, Hobbies, and Collectible Convention (TOYCON PH) comes back this June 28-30, 2019 at SMX Convention Center Manila in Pasay City. Now on its 18th year (and with a brand new logo to boot!), ToyCon PH lives up to its reputation as Asia's biggest and largest-running toy and collectible convention by offering opportunities for pop culture fanatics to relish in a playground of all things gaming, cosplay, comics, and entertainment.
[related: At 50, Kelly Hu Aka 'Lady Deathstrike' Looks As Dangerously Sexy As Ever. But How?]
Among the highlights thsi year is the unveiling of the event's character ambassador, “Zeta Manila Killa”—a newly designed toy from the second installment of Quiccs’ “Manila Killa Trilogy” series and will only be limited to the convention as a ToyCon exclusive.
Here are more highlights to expect!
[related: Hot Stuff: Calling All Geeks! TOYCON Is Coming Back To Manila With A Bang!]
1. Pop Life FanX celebrity guests. It's tradition for ToyCon to give attendees the chance to see their pop culture idols in the flesh! This year, ToyCon flies in two actors and an artist—Michael Cudlitz (The Walking Dead's Sergeant Abraham Ford), Simon Ogg (2013 Grand Theft Auto V's Trevor Philips and The Walking Dead's Simon), and American contemporary artist Ron English.
2. Artist and comic creators you love. ToyCon wouldn’t be complete without paying tribute to the Filipinos behind our favorite comic book characters. This year, ToyCon presents the proud Pinoy faces behind some of the most iconic comics—local and abroad. Among them are Berlin Manalaysay of the beloved "Funny Komics"; "Ang Panday" and Marvel's "Star-Lord" and "Skull the Slayer" co-creator Steve Gan; "Pugad Baboy" comic strip creator and 2018 TOYCON Pinoy Pop Culture Icon Award recipient Pol Medina Jr.; famed digital comic book artist Raymund Lee; DC Penciler and Cover Artist Raymund Bermundez; cosplayer and illustrator Miguel Mercado; Philippine Graphic Fiction Awards 3rd placer Hubert Khan Michael, Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic's Harvey Tolibao; and comic book artist, colorist and inker for Marvel, DC, and Image Comics Ed Tadeo.
3. Amazing toy designers. Once again, ToyCon is bringing in crazy talented toy designers. Brands like Lego, Funko, Bandai, Good Smile, Hot Toys, and XM Studios, and renowned names in the industry (like Anatoy, Wetworks, Mumbot, and Daniel Yu, to name a few!) are on their way to showcase their unique work in all its toy design glory!
4. Guest performers you wouldn’t want to miss. What's ToyCon without music? Vibe out to the fresh faces of Souldrift, Lila, The Lock Pickers, The Glass O, Project:Materia, Kanjiru, Asterysk, Lunar Rhythm and crowd faves Aidoru Sozai, CH4U, and Pastel∞Mix who are all set to hit the Toycon stage this month!
5. A special movie character appearance to catch! For added "thrill," ToyCon brings in exhibits and character appearances of horror movie classics like Anabelle, It, and even Chucky. For a real engaging experience, be sure to check them out!
6. Toycon exclusives to see. Exclusive to the convention goers, ToyCon presents Jollibee, Zeta Manila Killa, and many more. Getting your hands on the Jollibee Flocked variant Funkopop as well Mindstyle's first release of the Batman Imperial Palace warrior will be exclusive to convention goers. What's more, the biggest Batman statue in Asia will be debuted at ToyCon! By big, we're talking a whopping 22 feet (something you don't see everyday!).
ALSO READ: Love Actually: Francis Libiran and Christian Mark Jacob's Story Of Serendipity
Banner image courtesy of AMC