The hottest season of the year has finally arrived, and with that comes the annual road trip with the fam bam! While your itinerary and accommodations have already been arranged, there’s just one thing you’re probably dreading: packing for the kids.
Fret not, dear mommies! Below is a list of summer road trip essentials every kid should have. Tick ‘em off one by one, and you’ll be on your way to saying, “<Insert summer spot here>, we’re totally ready for you!”
1. A bottle of water. With the summer heat in full swing, your kid’s hydration should be top priority. Just because your child isn’t doing any drastic physical activity doesn’t mean his H20 levels aren’t diminishing. Even sitting in the car on a sunny day could cause his body to need more fluids. That’s why you should keep a bottle (or two!) of water around at all costs! And take note: If your child gets thirsty, it’s already a sign of dehydration—so before going out, let him drink up!
2. A sturdy umbrella. Get your kid an umbrella in his favorite color or something with his favorite cartoon on it. Whatever the design, remember to choose one that reigns (get it?) supreme, is preferably lightweight, and resistant to harsh sunlight and unexpected rain.
3. Sunscreen. Whether you’re heading out of town or hitting the beach, it’s essential to protect your child from harmful UV rays, mommies. To help shield your family from the short-term and long-term effects of sun exposure, apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going outdoors. And when it comes to choosing the best product, go for one that’s organic and water-resistant, with an SPF of at least 30.
4. Extra clothing. Aside from what’s already in their travel bags, carry an extra set of clothes in a separate handbag for when you’re on the road. Think breezy pieces like shirts, shorts, undies, and flip flops that could take him or her from “road trip outfit” to “beach OOTD” in a snap! While you’re at it, throw in a face towel. You never know when a stain can happen!
5. A first-aid kit. Having a first-aid kit will always come in handy when you’re out with the family. Get one stocked with toiletries, sanitizers, and medicine. Colorful bandages are a good idea, too!
During summer, the sudden rise in temperature could make some kids vulnerable to illnesses such as fever. Because of this, you might want to take precaution to the next level and pack a bottle of Paracetamol. We recommend using Calpol, as it gets to work in just 15 minutes–providing a soothing relief from pain and fever for your children, when they need it most!
If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
Sure, packing up could be a bit of a drag, but when you’re fully-equipped with these summer essentials, you could definitely make the most out of the season!
ALSO READ: Mod Moms: Let Lifestyle Mavens Apples Aberin And Sam Sadhwani Be Your New Career Pegs!
Photographs courtesy of Pexels.com, Unsplash.com, Calpol PH Facebook Page