While we have officially welcomed the Year of the Pig, our immense love for pork makes it seem like there’s always a reason to celebrate this delicious meat! Walk into any Filipino household or festivity and you’ll likely find a selection of pork dishes lined up on the dining table, all cooked and ready for the taking. We bet they look so good, it’s easy to forget just how many calories they’re packed with. But who’s counting?
Be it fried, grilled, boiled, steamed, or sautéed, there’s something about its taste and texture we just can’t get enough of. Couldn’t agree more? Here, we’ve rounded up eight relatable moments that would make you say #BaboyIsLife!
1. When diet is life, but pork is lifer so trade in your usual pre-workout cup of mixed veggies for some Pork Siomai instead.
2. On lazy rainy days, you count on a warm bowl of Meaty Wonton Mami to make your tummy happy.
3. You’re set to be on-the-go for work, so you opt for a takeout meal of Pork Chao Fan with Siomai to fuel you.
4. Even during merienDUH time with colleagues, nothing delights you more than a serving of Chunky Asado Siopao.
5. Yet it’s still not enough so you order a side of Pork Dumplings.
6. A flavorful bowl of pork fried rice is the way to go on petsa de peligro, and you can mindlessly clear it in no time because it’s oh so good.
7. You think sweldo days are the best days of the month, simply because you get to have your pork fix from Chowking’s new Sweet and Sour Pork Lauriat. Thinking about its blend of sweet and sour taste, balanced with rice, pancit canton, chicharap, and buchi is enough to make your mouth water.
8. And the following hump day, you can’t help but treat yourself to its variation—the new Chowking Salt and Pepper Pork Lauriat, a delicious plate of fried pork nuggets with buttery flavor that could indulge your cravings all-year long and make 2019 the best year yet for pork lovers like you!
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Red Bull Music 3Style 2019 Marked Taipei As Asia's Party Place To Be!
Photographs courtesy of Chowking PH