In the Philippines, parents are free to decide how their children should be educated. Many enroll them in a public or private academic institution. Others take a more non-conventional route; they teach kids what there is to know right at home. Homeschool, as it’s called.
Organizations like Homeschool Global recognize the growing popularity of homeschooling, and will mount an event for families and academics alike to understand the advantages and how to best go about it.
The first of its kind, this Global Homeschool Conference centers on the theme “Learn Better” and hopes to be a platform that can best address questions often associated with it, like “What is learning better?”, “Why learn better?”, and “How do we learn better?”
[related: Lifestyle Buzz: Refresh Your Gear A La 'Back To School' With These Functional Fashion Finds!]
So what can you expect from this pioneering event?
1. A Global Perspective. The conference will bring in three keynote speakers to share their insights and expertise on homeschooling. These are Brad Huddleston (International speaker, consultant, and Author of Digital Cocaine: A Journey Toward iBalance and the Dark Side of Technology: Restoring Balance in the Digital Age, Debra Bell (Homeschool mom and author of “The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling”, owner of the Home School Resource Center and co-founder of The Young Writer’s Institute), and Michael Tan, DVM, PHD (medical anthropologist, veterinarian, writer, and current chancellor of UP Diliman).
2. Hands-On Learning Opportunities. Each day of the conference has a scheduled set of workshop tracks designed for different groups (namely moms, dads, teens, and educators) as well as to general interest. Participants can join as many as three.
3. Homeschool-Centric Business Opportunities. In addition to the talks and workshops, Homeschool Global is setting up what they call a Homeschool Exchange where you can avail of products and services from—you guessed it—homeschool advocates!
4. A Family Affair. Activities aren’t just limited to the grownups! The conference will have a designated space at the Homeschool Exchange Area where children can partake in all sorts of games and activities! In other words, tag your kids along!
5. Good Music. Love Ben & Ben? The up-and-coming folk-pop band will be performing for conference-goers! Fun fact: one of its members is a proud homeschooler.
The first Global Homeschool Conference happens on October 13, 2018 at SMX Aura, SM Aura Premier BGC Taguig.To learn more about GHC, visit http://homeschoolglobal.com/ghc2018.html or follow them on Facebook page.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Check Out These Free/Cheap But Challenging Workout Apps You Can Use Right At Home!
Banner Image from Pexels.com