By Rhea Manila Santos
Summer flew by so fast that before we knew it, another school year had begun! Can you believe it?
Having student aged kids in the house means re-adjusting to their daily schedules and prepping for the months to come. It’s not always easy, but with the right materials and (more importantly) your support, you as parents can make the process so much easier! Here are a couple of tips to get you started.
1. Don’t Be Afraid To Ask. You don’t have to wait until the first day of class to raise concerns you have about your child. You can address them early on by attending parent orientations and meeting his teachers or administrative officers before the school year starts. Being proactive lessens the anxiety of not knowing what to expect (for both you and your child). It also better prepares him for the challenges that may come his way.
2. Practice Makes Perfect. Whether your child is attending school for the first time or moving up a grade level, the first day of class can be nerve-wracking. If your child seems nervous, we suggest walking him through the process. You could, for instance, visit the school ahead of time and familiarize yourselves with its facilities. You can also give him tips on how to introduce himself and make friends—especially if your child doesn’t know anyone on campus.
3. Get The Right Gear. With all the school supplies students need these days, its crucial to provide your child with a good bag—one that will not only fits his belongings, but won’t strain his muscles. We highly suggest choosing one with a padded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps. Moreover, teach your child how to pack only what’s necessary. That way, he will carry lighter loads while minimizing neck, back, and shoulder pain.
4. Prepare A Nutritious Breakfast And Baon. Studies show that eating a nutritious breakfast allows children to function better during the day, making them do better in school with more energy and ability to focus. One way of showing you care for your children is by preparing their daily baon. And you can make their most important meal of the day with Petron Gasul. With this trusted kitchen partner, you are guaranteed three important things:
- Assurance of correct and accurate weight for every cylinder (Sakto)
- Faster cooking time due to the true blue flame emitted and consistent heat (Sulit)
- Sealed with a white laser-printed seal with serial number that does not fade. The genuine seal certifies that it has passed numerous safety tests (Safe)
Purchase Petron Gasul only from authorized Petron Gasul dealers via the Petron Gasul Express Delivery hotline in Metro Manila (02) 7378000.
Follow the Petron Gasul Facebook page.
For delivery numbers outside Metro Manila, visit the Petron Gasul online directory.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Usher In 'Fitness Month' With This Ultimate Fitspo Turned #ABSCBNLifestyleInspo!