The sun. The beach. Bright days. Vibrant colors. These can only mean one thing—summer! And while you can’t always bum around the beach as much as you want to (it’s almost impossible to get enough of it, after all), you can always give your home a makeover so that it’ll feel like your favorite season even if you’re just sitting on your couch and watching TV. Take cues from the stars and their summer-inspired homes!
1. Neri Naig. Her cottage in Tagaytay is perfect for a weekend of pure bliss, thanks to its bright accents and floral prints that will always remind you of summer 365 days of the year.
Design tip: Add pops of color (such as yellow and turquoise) in areas like door and windowsills to really make your home stand out.
[related: In Focus: Go On An Idyllic Getaway At Neri Naig-Miranda's Cute Cottage In Tagaytay]
2. Coco Martin. A visit to Coco’s home feels like you’re checking into a tropical resort because of its use of wood, nipa, and other native materials.
Design Tip: Be creative with materials you use for your home makeover. Don’t limit yourself to the conventional.
[related: In Focus: Bring In The Summer Vibes With These Design Ideas From Coco Martin's Outdoor Space]
3. Jericho Rosales. Echo is a devout surfer, and his home encapsulates the wave rider attitude: adventurous yet laidback.
Design tip: Inject your abode with character, one that best represents you. In Jericho’s case, he added potted palms and an acoustic guitar in his living room to remind him of the place where he feels most at home, the beach.
[related: Design Tips: Retro-Minimalist Cues from Jericho Rosales' Home]
4. Ruffa Gutierrez. While Ruffa's home boasts a nautical feel, her use of metallic accents and decor further illuminate the beautiful white walls.
Design Tip: In choosing wall fixtures, opt for metallic ones to add more shine to your home’s luminous atmosphere.
5. Xian Lim. Xian’s home is all about being cozy. With comfy sofas, a rug that’s seemingly asking you to lie on it, and a pretty amazing view, maybe you won’t have to drive all the way to the beach to unwind.
Design tip: Simple prints and earth colors just may be what you’re looking for to make your home feel as relaxing as possible.
6. Enrique Gil. Enrique’s beach home in Batangas makes use of wood furniture to compliment the large windows, giving a rustic vibe that’s perfect for the sunny season.
Design tip: Instead of purchasing new wood furniture, you can freshen up your existing ones with sanding and varnishing. Have a bit of fun and go DIY! Going this route may take some work and a lot of sweat, though, especially with the boiling temperatures that summer brings. Pro tip: Hot temperatures can lead to an irritated scalp, and eventually, dandruff. But don’t let this stop you from renovating your humble abode. Instead, use Clear Cool Sport Menthol for Men to stay dandruff-free and fresh all day! With Clear, you’ll be unstoppable in reaching your summer-inspired #HomeGoals!
ALSO READ: Beauty Inspo: 8 Important Selfie Tips We Learned From Zendaya
Banner photograph screengrabbed from Starstudio's promo video. Images from Instagram.com/Neriscottage, Instagram.com/Mr.CocoMartin, Shaira Luna for Starstudio Magazine (Jericho and Enrique), Doc Marlon Pecjo for Starstudio Magazine (Xian)