Holy Week is about commemorating how Jesus Christ sacrificed Himself for all humankind and ultimately celebrating faith, hope, and love. It gives everyone a chance to reflect upon themselves, considering how this week is one of the most peaceful breaks we can have in the middle of our whirlwind-like grind.
Sure, going to the beach or having a series marathon in your bedroom make for the perfect long weekend agenda. But if you're one of those people who spent the Holy Week in a more meaningful way than usual, then these are the realizations you probably have come across:
1. Disconnecting to connect is always a great idea. This season of peace and quietness was a perfect opportunity for us to disconnect from all the hustle and bustle. Considering how social media is greatly imparted in our lives and how we take some of our most precious moments for granted, disconnecting from it has been a healthy way to start focusing on ourselves and all those who are close to us, on a deeper level.
2. Being alone with yourself for quite a while is good for you. Another moment we cherished during this season was being alone with our thoughts which is actually good for us. Taking some time off this Holy Week has made us realize how important it is to be alone with ourselves sometimes. It allows us to get to know ourselves better, which can lead us to loving ourselves more, the way our Lord have loved us.
3. There’s just so much to be thankful for. This time of the year teaches us to be thankful for our Savior and the beautiful life that has been given to us and everything in it–all the good times and even the bad ones. No matter how grand or little the things are, we should always be thankful and appreciate the mere fact that we’re alive.
4. It’s not always going to be easy. Life is not just about rainbows and butterflies. Challenges are given to us for a reason. It’s okay to encounter some obstacles along our journey no matter how difficult they are because they exist to teach us valuable lessons. As long as we never give up and trust the Big Guy up there, we will always go on despite all the hard times we are about to face.
5. Kindness can really go a long way. The world is messy and can sometimes be an unpleasant place to live in. Oftentimes, we forget how to be genuinely nice to others. However, this season is here to remind us a few things: to follow the ways of our Lord and that spreading kindness can really go a long way. A simple act of kindness can touch someone’s life in a way you can never imagine.
Taking a 4-day break this Lent season gave us the chance to remember what the Lord has done for our salvation. Additionally, it also provided us with moments to reconnect with ourselves, finally seeing the realizations we have sometimes overlooked.
What are your other realizations after taking some time off this Holy Week? Share them in the comments section below!
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Celebrities and Their Dose of Godly Inspiration
Photographs from Pexels