It's no hidden fact that girls love to primp and fuss for special occasions, and we're especially hooked on the act during the festive weeks of holidays. And then following Christmas, just before you've caught your breath, there are also the planned New Year's eve bashes—a whole 'nother set of parties entirely. What better way to help girlfriends along than to gift them with presents they can use in the glamorous welcoming of 2018? Sparkly and glowy makeup, stress-banishing skin care, and beauty renewing products are all welcome at the tail end of 2017. We have a couple of reviving, glowing rrecos up our sleeve!
1. Happy Skin's Sanrio Express Gel Polish Trio - Nails can get ragged from all the Christmas prep, price tag removing, scotch-tape, pulling and gift-wrapping even,. You might just want to try and give them a boost and disguise them pretty with Happy Skin's Gel-finish polishes. They're not as tough on the tips as actual gel polish but at least are longer-wearing by a significant few days. Having almond oil, too, in the formula is a nice plus. Some of them are on sale now, marked down to PHP1,046 from Ph1,146 each!
Available here via Happy Skin Cosmetics.
2. This Works In Transit Camera Closeup Moisturizer - Makeup master, Val Garland, known for her beautiful editorial work over the years for MAC Cosmetics, her masterclasses, and runway shows mentioned a not-so-hush-hush moisturizer before in a video. She'd used it on Victoria Beckham—the kween of posh liked it so much she got her own and whispered to Val about it when she saw her again.
See at the exact time 5:12 in the video below where she shows it to Guardian beauty editor, Sali Hughes and tells the story of how Victoria just got so into this product.
We've tried This Works' In Transit Camera Close-Up moisturizer and we stuck with it and nothing else practically 'til it was almost empty before. It works in reviving the skin, helping it look awake, radiant, and more refreshed with a range of botanicals, caffeine for your skin included! We've found it to be light enough to use underneath makeup and suitable for sensitive skin.
Available here via Sephora PH for Php1,977.00
3. Ellana Minerals' Free Shipping Promo All ThroughDecember 2017
Homegrown cosmetics brand Ellana Minerals, pretty much like the Pinoy version of Bare Minerals abroad, is a powder with a skincolor and tonal range we absolutely approve of. You have a whole range of shades suitable for asian and oriental tones as well as darker skin hues.
Their medium to high coverage powder foundations are the best-performing product we've found for oily skin especially in this humid, tropical weather.
The concealer powder, while slightly heavy for some, is perfect for knocking out dark circles under the eyes. For the whole of December enjoy ordering their highly-pigmented and easy-to-blend products with free-shipping on them as a gift!
All products available here from Ellana Cosmetics.com
[related: Beauty Inspo: This Party Season, Take Your 'Hairxperiment' Cues From Miss U, Maymay, And More!]
4. Via Glamour Box! 16 Brand Cosmetics FingerPen Makeup - Wouldn't it be lovely to have easy, portable makeup you didn't need brushes for? That was the idea years ago that luxe eye-wateringly expensive makeup brand Ellis Faas conceived when they created a system of makeup with products individually encased in pens you could use. Application of product would shift from direct application to face or from fingertips to face. That system though felt quite out of reach budget-wise and availability-wise for many beauty enthusiasts. Then here comes Korean makeup label "16 Brand" with their range of colorful FingerPens, a similar makeup pen system with a range of mattes, creams, and metallic finishes many of which are multi-purpose for application.
The color from the product dispenses upon clicking. A selection of FingerPens at Glamourbox currently marked down and here locally, you may want to buy multiple shades for face eyes and lips and sit down for some good "playtime" with your face.
Available here via glamourbox.ph in their sale bin, price markeddown to Php455 from Php650.
5. Rihanna's Fenty Beauty Matchstix Shimmer Highlighters - There's nothing more depressing that having your favorite compact powder highlighter smash to pieces or crack when it gets dinged or falls by accident. The other option is to go cream stick when it comes to revving up your facial flare and Fenty Beauty (by bad gal Riri herself) has also provided this option in their Matchstix range. Swipe these Matchstix shimmer highlighters on and blend it in without the fear of the clutz in you sending their powder Kilowatt highlighter compact in "Trophy Wife" to its doom.
Their matchstix highlighters are available in a range of several colors including Unicorn (above) which is a lovely gleaming lilac tone.
Available here, for $25.00 (approximately Php1260.50 via Sephora PH).
6. Anne Curtis' blk Cosmetics Santa Anne Gift Guide Giveaway - Anne's makeup brand blk Cosmetics since it launched has pretty much taken the beauty community by storm. Now for a limited time you can find items of blk cosmetics in Christmas combos at special prices. Clueless on what to give your Kris Kringle a.k.a. Secret Santa? Check out what blk cosmetics is offering at the moment below! In addition to those deals, by reposting them, you have the chance to win a gift bundle from Anne and blk cosmetics in her special giveaway!
Keep an eye out for Anne's Santa Gift Guides. Every few days from now until December 19, Anne will be releasing a total of 12 beauty bundles from blk cosmetics for a winner.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: No Picture Frames As Gifts, Please! Here Are Some Wellness Oils For The Tita In You!
Photos from: Instagram.com/fentybeauty, Instagram.com/happyskin_ph, Instagram.com/blkcosmetics.ph, Instagram.com/whitekoreaofficial, Instagram.com/ellanaminerals, Instagram.com/empyrealcharm, Instagram.com/ummbaby