By Crisyl Ursabia
Chalk Campus Correspondent
It’s nearing the end of October but it’s never too late to treat yourself to a #walwal night and get drunk just like everyone else in Munich, Germany who celebrate the annual Oktoberfest.
Draft Gastropub just launched Draftoberfest which will last until Novermber 15. While there are a lot of places in the country that celebrate Oktoberfest, Draftoberfest is set to provide the most authentic Oktoberfest experience in the country. Here are the reasons why it’s the best place to go to experience Germany’s famous festival:
1. It serves the most popular Oktoberfest Bier in Germany. Draftoberfest brings the most popular Oktoberfest Bier in Germany to the country. DRAFT Gastropub serves Paulaner, the top-selling and most popular beer at the Munich Oktoberfest. Contrary to popular belief, only six Munich breweries are permitted to manufacture Oktoberfest Bier and Paulaner Brewery is one of them.
2. They offer a "Buy One, Take One" promo. If this does not excite you, we don’t know what will. If you purchase any size of Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier (300 mL, 500 mL, or 1 L,) you will get another glass of the same size! This promo is valid from October 13 to November 15, 2017 from the moment the store opens until it closes or... well, until you pass out.
3. They serve good food. DRAFT Gastropub, being the premiere and one of the best Gastropubs in the country, serves a very extensive menu of European Gastropub food. Draftoberfest also brings about two Oktoberfest specials, the Oktoberfest Platter and Home-made Pretzel which are perfect with the Paulaner Oktoberfest bier.
4. Homey ambiance. Aside from the food and drinks, DRAFT Gastropub has that traditional German Biergarten ambiance modeled after the original Biergartens in Munich. It has a modern design that adds to its comfortable and homey vibe but still does not veer away from the look of an industrial pub.
5. You can choose from various branches all over the Metro. DRAFT Gastropub branches are found in three different places in Manila so for sure, there is one that's most accessible to you. DRAFT Gastropub has branches in Greenbelt, Makati, Molito, Alabang, and in Ayala Malls the 30th in Ortigas.
So if you don’t have an idea about where to go to spend your Friday nights, why not try to experience the original Oktoberfest without flying to Germany?
ALSO READ: These 5 Katipunan Cafés Have All You Need For Thesis Time
Banner Photography from David von Diemar on Unsplash