A job well done to all accredited caterers, event suppliers and staff in the recent Culinaire 2017. The event was a delightful display of artistry in food and set up resembling iconic landmarks in Japan, Spain, China, USA, Korea, Italy, Turkey, France, Germany, Brazil, India, Mexico and the Philippines.
Not surprisingly, Juan Carlo The Caterer, who was also last year’s winner for Best in Set Up took home 3 out of 5 awards this year for Best Appetizer, Best Main Course and Best Set Up. Conrad Manila won the Best Dessert and Best Service. Among the caterers who showcased their best were Tamayo’s Catering, The LJC Group Catering Service, Tjioe The Caterer, Via Mare, Hizon’s Catering, Josiah’s Catering, Bizu Catering Studio, Albergus and Event Shaker Mobile Bar. This year’s theme was all about popular travel destinations thus, it became a “tummy-travel” of sorts where guests have to carry their Culinaire passports as they go around following their itinerary for food sampling.
The event also called for a 10 for 10, 10 reasons to celebrate 10 years:
1. Megatrade Hall Meeting Room and Hall Renovation coming up in a couple of months.
2. SMX Convention Center Manila completed its Meeting Room Renovation.
3. Accredited caterers celebrating 10 with SMX Convention Center. These are Albergus, Tamayo’s Catering and Via Mare.
4. Three new caterers joining SMX Convention Center this year are Kitchen City, M Catering and Manila Catering.
5. SMX Convention Center is launching their new website by the end of the month.
6. Additional properties to SMX Convention Center portfolio include SMX Convention Center Cebu and SMX Convention Center Clark.
7. Sky Hall Seaside Cebu’s celebrating its 1st anniversary this October.
8. SMX Convention Center Davao reached a milestone with its 5th anniversary last September.
9. Megatrade Hall’s 25th anniversary, the pioneer since 1992 and
10. SMX Convention Center Manila commemorates its 10th Anniversary this November.
The by-invitation event started low-key but ended on a high note with clients and guests appreciating and enjoying each caterer’s menu and winning raffle prizes sponsored by East West, Taal Vista Hotel, Radisson Blu Cebu, Park Inn by Radisson Davao, Park Inn by Radisson Clark, Pico Sands Hotel and Conrad Manila. It was a perfect evening to reach out to potential clients, entertain friends from the media and thank the loyal clients.
SMX Convention Center has come a long way as the premier venue for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions. Its flagship property has given birth to six more properties in key cities around the country- SMX Davao in SM Lanang Premier, SMX Aura in SM Aura Premier, SMX Bacolod in SM City Bacolod, Cebu Trade Hall in SM City Cebu, Megatrade Hall in SM Megamall and Sky Hall Seaside Cebu in SM Seaside City Cebu. SMX Convention Center has established its brand as the premier events venue because of its strengths and advantages such as strategic location, accessibility, hassle-free transportation service, accredited caterers and partners, huge halls, flexible function rooms, modern meeting rooms, one-stop-service, highly experienced and well trained service professionals and customizable event packages. All of these sum up why clients choose SMX Convention Center to be the perfect venue for their events.
ALSO READ: Love Actually: How Food Binds The Newly Engaged Iza Calzado And Ben Wintle