By Elijah Celemen
Chalk Campus Correspondent
Over the past years more and more guys are now becoming self conscious of the way they look, which is not a bad thing. Gone are the days where guys get up and wash their face with a simple bar of soap. Guys are now stepping up thier skincare game just like the girls do.
Having a busy schedule means having no time for skincare, and most guys do activities that exposes them to dirt and grime that results into bad skin. Doing sports and running errands under the harsh sun can totally worsen the skin condition in the long run, so it's best to start taking care of your skin at a young age.
Here are easy to follow skincare tips for guys who are always on the go and and want to start a skicare regime.
1. Cleanse. This is one of the basic steps to achieving clear skin. Find a skin cleanser that is gentle on the skin, but tough on cleaning the dirt that you accumulate during the day. It's also important to note that cleansers should not over dry your skin.
2. Tone. If cleansing seems to be not enough, go for a toner. It cleanses the deep-seated dirt in your face and helps shrink the pores while refreshing your skin. Choose a toner that is alcohol-free as alcohol dries the skin which results into wrinkles.
3. Don't Skip the Moisturizer. Choose a good moisturiser that fits your skin type. Most guys have oily skin that's why they tend to skip this important step because they fear that their face will turn greasy throughout the day. But experts say that moisturizing helps control an oily face.
4. Invest on a good razor. One thing tht guys should never neglect is grooming. Guys should invest in a good razor to achieve a good looking shave. If your razor cuts your skin or is not sharp enough, throw them in the trash right away.
5. Use a sunscreen. Being exposed to the harsh sun can totally damage your skin in the long run. It also causes visible signs of aging. Go for a sunscreen that is light on the skin and at least SPF 30.
Do you find these tips helpful? We hope that this triggered you to start taking good care of your skin! If you have any other grooming hacks, share them with us below!
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Korean Actors Who Are Totally Boyfriend Material
Banner Photography from Brooke Cagle on Unsplash