For the longest time, we’ve labeled student athletes as basic or boring in terms of style since they usually just wear comfy jeans and shirts to school. But hey, who says jocks can’t score big in fashion, too? Its just a matter of putting a spin on their usual looks!
So, dear athletes, fret not. You can rule the court, and rock your style off-court too with your own stylish, comfortable, and campus-friendly OOTDs. Check out how these five student-athletes traded in their everyday looks for Instagram-worthy outfits inspired by hit Netflix series Riverdale! Speaking of, the second season of everybody's fave so-spooky-it's-so-sexy show premieres within hours!
1. Invest in versatile basics! Adamson volleyball player Jema Galanza knows how to keep it classy by investing in basics. Remember: Paired with the right accessories, a plain black top goes a long way!
On Jema: Go Step Lite—Solace in Black
2. Know how to style your varsity jacket! A well-fitting varsity jacket will give you an A+ athleisure look. Check out how Benildean basketball player Johnvic De Guzman pulled off his.
On Johnvic: OG 85—Aitkin in white
3. Keep it fashionable yet comfortable. Thinking of wearing heels to school for added height and a feminine touch? Opt for a trusty pair of fashion-forward wedges to do the job! We love this look on Thomasian volleyball player Mela Tunay!
On Mela: Parallel—Trapezoid in Black
4. A pair of black sneakers is now every student’s must-have. Black sneakers are a must-have for three reasons: 1.) They’re easy to style. 2) They’re super comfortable to wear. 3.) They’re extremely low maintenance! Basketball player Marco Sario paired his with dark denim, a printed shirt, and an overized black bomber jacket—another wardrobe staple!'
On Marco: Skechers Elment—Hesto in Black
5. Match your style with your personality! Stay true to your personal style. Fashion is all about expression. The key to dressing up is to be yourself, confidently! We are loving how Andi Santos rocked her millennial pink sweater.
On Andi: Skechers Go Step Lite—Solace in Taupe
ALSO READ: In Focus: 13 Things You've Surely Thought If You've Ever Been A Third Wheel