Research shows that the larger portion of today’s workplace is comprised of millennials. We now belong to the majority, playing a vital role in contributing to the success of the companies and organizations they are working for. Though it is believed that people who have more experiences because of the longer years they had, here are reasons why we millennials are an advantage in today’s workplace:
1. We are empowered, not entitled. Millennials are not entitled like some of the older generations think. We’re optimistic and genuinely believe in ourselves. We've come to realize how being positive helps us to find our strengths, leading us to focus on those skills and excel in the jobs we are in now.
2. We are not afraid of change. As they say, the only constant in this world is change. And millennials are known to be brave and willingly accept change. We are always open to new ideas and developments as we are always progressive and innovative.
3. We're dynamic. Today’s younger generation include various interests we want to try and pursue. We are always-on-the-go. And yes, we are, without a doubt, bursting with energy – making the job more exciting than it actually is.
4. We crave passion. We know what we want. And if things do not go our way and not end up with what we're looking for, we don’t lose hope right away. We have that craving for passion and put an effort in making the most out of what we have.
5. We can easily adapt to the environment. Given how circumstances are rapidly changing today due to some factors that are out of our control, millennials know how to navigate our way and make adjustments so that they can easily adapt to the kind of environment we would be in and the people in the workplace we have to deal with.
6. We have strong leadership skills. Millennials can be assertive at times, but in a good way – we take the initiative to do something other than what we're just told to do. We have acquired good leadership skills over time. We also know how to speak and stand up for ourselves, without stepping on others because we're also sensitive at the same time.
7. We think outside the box. Critical thinking is always an advantage and millennials have now become creative and extremely resourceful. We don’t just stick with the usual routine but also manage to try and explore different ideas and various ways on how to get things done effectively and efficiently.
8. We're tech-savvy. Technology was invented to make people’s lives more convenient. And with all the technological advancements today, the younger generation becomes more exposed to the electronic world which shapes their knowledge and skills on these things, contributing to the company by getting things done faster by saving money, energy, and time.
Without a doubt, it's truly the millennials' time to shine in the workplace. We are smart, competent, driven, and full of passion just as much as anyone. So don't let anyone stomp on you for being the young and strong-willed worker that you are! You're doing amazing, sweetie.
ALSO READ: In Focus: 5 Things To Tell Yourself When The Job You Really Love Slowly Becomes Toxic
Banner photography from Pexels. GIFs from GIPHY.