The Star Magic Ball is one of the most celebrity-packed nights of the year where Kapamilya talents step out onto the red carpet not to work, but to celebrate each other in topnotch finery. It is, for sure, the night to turn it up in terms of style, grace, and yes, face. One type of makeup look for the evening that never gets old is the glam look. In appearance, it tends to be more classic and very feminine. It bears more pageantry than natural makeup and has an elegant, ladylike vibe than the edgy look. There's a slight Old Hollywood feel when it comes to glam makeup, and all eyes are locked for sure when it's done right. The following may not be the most iconic, but definitely the most properly executed "paintings" some of the biggest makeup artists in the country have done!
1. Kathryn Bernardo, Star Magic Ball 2014, Makeup by Denise Ochoa. The film The Great Gatsby had come out the year before but people at this stage were still reveling in the 1920s sophistication that came with it. Kathryn's pouty makeup with a berry lip partnered a softly wavy lob pulled nearly all eyes on her that evening. It closely resembled Emma Stone's Oscar appearance this year when she took home Best Actress for La La Land.
2. Maxene Magalona, Star Magic Ball 2016, Makeup by Jigs Mayuga. We rarely see a canary yellow used exquisitely in eye makeup. Jigs Mayuga did a beautiful job in lightly highlighting Maxene's eyes with this shade last year. Light colors, when properly applied, open up small eyes and help give eyes a brighter expression.
3. Maja Salvador, Star Magic Ball 2014, Makeup by Robbie Piñera. This old Hollywood style glam look was also featured in Metro Magazine that year by its editors. Celebrity makeup artist Robbie Piñera gave Maja a look that was bolder and richer in color: charcoal lined eyes, deepened with brown eyeshadow, and lips coated with a classic matte red.
4. Bea Alonzo, Star Magic Ball 2015, Makeup by Juan Sarte. In 2015, everyone was still gaga over contour, thanks to the Kardashian craze. Bea Alonzo's doll-eyed Star Magic Ball look with flirty lashes, rosy mauve lips and pink cheeks was gently created by the one and only Juan Sarte. Cheeks were given a glowy flush and brow intensity was paramount in the overall result.
5. Shaina Magdayao, Star Magic Ball 2016, Makeup by Jigs Mayuga. If two words were to describe this look on baby-faced Shaina, they would be "simply radiant. Glow master Jigs Mayuga went for a champagne sheen across Shaina's cheeks paired with a rich yet soft rosy nude lip. Eyes are also lined but moderately so.
6. Janella Salvador, Star Magic Ball 2016, Makeup by Mickey See. Janella's look last year by Mickey See was a mix of pop-rock and glam. The black intensity in her eyes and bold brows hint at a bit of rock n' roll. The star quality in this look is brought forth by the flawless lit-from-within base and her lilac-y pink lips that scream K-pop.
ALSO READ: Throwback Treasure: Top Up On Daring Beauty Inspo From These 'Edgy' Star Magic Ball Looks!
Photos from David Soriano and: Instagram.com/jigsmayuga, Instagram.com/johnvalle20, Instagram.com/mickeysee, Instagram.com/officialkcmb, Instagram.com/juansarte, Instagram.com/maxenemagalona.