An essential part of being in a relationship is the quality time spent with your boyfriend. Often, you find yourself longing for his presence, but we all know that’s not how things really work. In reality, you both have your own responsibilities—may it be with family, friends, school, work, or extracurricular activities—which means there's less time to spend with one another.
This may be a not-so-happy fact if you’re the clingy type of girlfriend and you have a too-busy-with-school boyfriend who needs to finish tons of requirements. Yes, it may seem like he’s ignoring you and this makes you miss him terribly. Sometimes, it can even lead to fighting—but worry no more! Here are ways to deal with missing him and distract you from thinking negatively:
1. Watch your favorite TV series or movies. Netflix and chill is always an excellent idea, especially when you don’t really feel like going out. Just connect to the WiFi and, voila, a long list of shows awaits you.
2. Read a book. If you’re not in the mood to watch TV shows or movies, just grab a book and start reading. The characters don’t just live in the stories alone, they occupy your imagination and keep you company for a little while.
3. Go out with your girlfriends. A coffee date with your gal pals is definitely a great way to spend your free time. Most coffee shops now don’t just serve some delicious coffee, they are also some of the hippest places to hang out in.
4. Help out your family at home. Not being with your boyfriend can also mean more time to spend at home. It gives you a chance to help out with chores and errands. Not only is your day going to be more productiv, you also get to bond with your loved ones more.
5. Try writing or journaling. Another effective way of getting your mind off of things is through writing—from short stories, poems, articles, and just about anything. Putting your thoughts on paper can certainly stop you from overthinking.
6. Get yourself eight hours of sleep. One of the best feelings in the world is catching up on those zzzs. Clocking in enough sleep for the night and spending the right amount of time in bed will definitely help you relax the next day.
7. Exercise. It's not just good for the body, but it's also good for the mind. Sweat it out and get moving, you won’t just feel beautiful, but also look beautiful.
Missing your boyfriend is completely okay, but you shouldn't let your hours and days revolve around him alone. Have fun even when you're not with him, and you'll surely appreciate the time you spend together even more.
What are your own ways of dealing with missing your beau? Share them with us in the comments below!
ALSO READ: In Focus: 5 Ways You're Ruining Your Dating Life And How To Fix Them
Banner photography from Pexels. GIFs from GIPHY.