When you're a girl, a closet full of clothes just isn’t enough. You’ll always find yourself complaining, “I have nothing to wear!” even if you have a gazillion pieces in your wardrobe. You'll end up rushing to the nearest mall to overspend on items you probably will only wear once or, maybe, not at all. But here’s an idea: Why not raid your mom’s aparador instead of scouring through stores?
It’s definitely a win-win. Not only will you find new pieces for free, you're sure to get turn with unique pieces not found in any store! Sounds good? Let’s get started. Here are six pieces you can totally steal from your wonder momma!
1. Jewelry. As a child, remember how you ogled at her pearl collection or wanted to try those drop earrings on just to see how it would look on you? Now’s your chance! For sure, mommy’s got a stash of sparklers necklaces and charms you can borrow. These are perfect for dressing up your daily shirt-and-jeans uniform or spicing up your first date outfit!
2. Scarves and Shawls. Wear it around your neck, use it as a chic sub for a belt, or just wrap it around you when you’re feeling cold—the possibilities are endless.
3. Maxi Dresses and Skirts. Some prints never go out of style, so it’s high time to find mom's best ones. Feel that boho vibe and wear them with sandals or platforms!
4. Tote Bags. Vintage ones from name brands like Louis Vuitton and Chanel? Every fashionista would envy you! Borrow one from your mom's collection for Sunday brunch with the fam or for a girls’ night out! (Just make sure to take extra care of it!)
5. Classic Watches. Apart from complementing anything, it’s every lady’s must-have. Those silver or gold plates will instantly add elegance to your look.
6. Denims. Trade your skinny jeans for mom jeans or flare pants. Forget skin-tight—wide-leg and high-waisted is where it's at! Your crop tops would look bomb with it.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Perks Of Having Your Mom As Your BFF
Banner photograph by Pete Bellis via Unsplash.