By Bianca Geli
Ian Veneracion has been in the limelight since he was a child, but has managed to keep his personal life private. Apart from being blessed with good looks that make him look like he hasn’t aged, Ian is quite a talented, multifaceted guy. Here are some fun facts about Ian that you might not have heard of yet.
1. He’s dreamed of becoming an action star since he was five. “I started Karate when I was five years old. Siguro, kakanood ko ng Bruce Lee movies and Stallone movies, Rambo, even the Chuck Norris movies, pinagtiya-tiyagaan ko just to watch the barilan, fight scenes, stunts and all. So noong bata ako, ang goal ko is gusto ko talaga mapunta sa action movies.”
2. He’s adventurous. ‘Yung utak ko naiwan sa 14 years old. Pati sa kakulitan, pati sa humor, the way I approach danger. That’s why I skydive, that’s why I ride motorcycles, motocross. That’s why I scuba, I do stuff na feeling ko kahit may risk, like paragliding, it’s a calculated risk. And whatever happens, it’s worth it."
3. He paints. His parents are both artists. His dad is an abstract modernist painter and is very close to him. Ian also does abstract painting. “We used to have a gallery before, so exposed ako sa maraming artworks.”
4. He’s a musician. He plays the piano and the guitar. “Mga guitar heroes ko, sina Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan...One of my favourite artists is Sting.”
5. He flies. He wanted to be an astronaut at some point when he was younger and comes from a family of pilots, so he took flying lessons and got a license at a young age. “I had the opportunity to save enough money to go to flying school. I got my private license when I was 18.”
6. He got married at 22. Though it’s uncommon for heartthrobs like Ian to settle down early, Ian is a handsome charmer who found love early in life, and knew how to keep it. He was 18 when he met his wife Pam Gallardo, and by the time he was 21, he knew he was done living like a bachelor. “If I am going to have an anchor, this would be it. This person would tell me, ‘you’re being an asshole.’ She would tell me straight up at hindi ko kayang bolahin or i-charm, alam mo ‘yun? And that’s exactly what I felt I needed. Hanggang ngayon, siya ang anchor ko talaga.”
ALSO READ: In Focus: Celebrity Shutterbugs Who Are Turning Into Hardcore Photography Hobbyists
Check out more exciting stories in the latest issue of StarStudio, now out in major bookstores and newsstands for P100. Subscribe and read StarStudio on your tablet or smartphone. StarStudio's digital edition is also available on Zinio, iTunes, and NoInk app. Like StarStudio on Facebook facebook.com/starstudio.magazine. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @starstudiomag.
Photography by Rxandy Capinpin for StarStudio June 2017 issue