When worn right, ankle length and maxi dresses are among the most flattering styles a girl can rock! And with the help of a good stylist, their fit and length are sure to stun!
So for this article, we went through the Instagram page of famed celebrity stylist, Myrrh Lao To of #TeamMesmyrrhized to see his handpicked haute picks for some of today’s hottest artistas. We also took a moment (okay, maybe more than that) to appreciate the shoes and accessories he matched these lovely gowns with, because they totes did their looks justice!
1. Nadine Lustre could’ve practically stopped the Miss Manila 2017 show in this cap sleeve Chico Estiva number. The beading from her chest and torso and the seemingly never-ending chiffon train made her look absolutely breathtaking that night!
2. Also stunning that night was Sarah Lahbati, who rocked an emerald Michael Leyva ball gown for her judging stint. She certainly didn’t scrape on metals either, having paired her dress with bracelets on both arms, rings, and drop earrings.
3. For the Father’s Day special on ASAP, singer-model Ylona Garcia wore a soft pink, tie front dress with buttons reaching all the way down to her gams. The sparkly, ankle strap heels added inches to her petite frame.
[related: Hot Stuff: See Kapamilya Stars Rock Our Favorite Looks From ASAP Star Magic 25]
4. Myrrh dressed Julia Montes in a baby blue, lace embroidered piece for her latest, unnamed endorsement. She kept things simple with strappy nude heels and a pearl bracelet as her only accessory. And with her wavy hair flowing down, the actress was truly a picture of elegance.
[related: In Focus: Top 5 Muses Of Albert Andrada, the #Tondeng Wedding Gown Designer]
5. As if she were channeling her inner Mariah Carey, Umagang Kay Ganda host K Brosas could command your attention like she does any stage in this gold draped tube dress from LIGHT SHINE WHITE. The matching gold heels she’s wearing are also just perfect!
6. They say that wearing the wrong shade of grey can make you look too pale or washed out. But the hue on actress Carmina Villaroel-Legaspi goes perfectly with her complexion! We’re especially loving the ruffle detailing on the front.
ALSO READ: In Focus: Nine Of The Prettiest Dresses Your Bridesmaids Would Love!
Banner image by Jana Jimenez