The ever lovely and talented Jodi Sta. Maria just turned 35. We wish her the best of days and more triumphs to come. She's come a long way from her teenybopper years on Tabing Ilong, she made millions of Filipinos smile and cry on Be Careful With My Heart for more than three years, and we're still reeling from her stunning performance as Amor Powers on Pangako Sa 'Yo's recent teleserye remake in 2015. Even in her mid-30s, Jodi still manages to break out into that sparkling smile with child-like wonder in her eyes. We marvel at how she does what she's good at with such joy and grace. We hope she keeps on keeping on, as she said once, "When you are tired, just rest, never quit."
1. She can wear pastels and still look the best version of her age. Sometimes, girls can sort of get a sort of "tweetums" vibe when they put on pastels. On Jodi, pastels always looks fresh and pretty never sickeningly sweet.
2. The way she aged her role as Amor Powers from distressed young damsel to bitter momma in Pangako Sa 'Yo throughout the teleserye was nothing short of remarkable.
Jodi as the young Amor Powers bright, in-love, and full of hope.
Jodi as the vengeful Amor powers over a decade later full of anger, heartbreak, and resent.
3. She's a mom but she looks more like an "Ate." Jodi's appearance isn't the only thing that makes her seem young, it's her light and bright speaking voice as well. Here she is with her son touring Japan.
4. She looks glam on the go. Even sudden snapshot can reveal how beautiful she is.
5. Without makeup, Jodi looks like a college girl up late studying for finals week. She's confident enough at her age to post pictures of herself without makeup and honest enough to share how she really feels with her fans.
6. Late last year, she was nominated for an international Emmy, alongside UK nominee Dame Judi Dench. Jodi's constant prayers don't go unrewarded. With this recognition for her role as Amor Powers in Pangako Sa 'Yo, she proves she is truly one of the best lead actresses in the country today.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: A Hawaiian Getaway—Heart Evangelista's Last String Of Summer Style
Photos from: Instagram.com/jodistamaria