By Geneve Jallorina
Chalk Campus Correspondent
It was only a couple months ago when Weighlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo stars, Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk admitted that they were in a relationship, fulfilling all of our shipping hearts, and allowing us to once more dream about other K-drama couplings that we would like to see blossom in real life. Because if Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk happened, then surely anything's possible, right?
Here's a list of power couples that we'd love to see turn their imaginary love lives into off-screen reality!
1. Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na. He may have played the Underworld’s Grim Reaper on the hit series Goblin but there is nothing creepy about our desire to see Lee Dong-wook and gorgeous castmate Yoo In-na get together. These two souls from the past would have a hot future as an item. (Or at least, make them star in their own drama, STAT!) Now that would truly be a match made in, you guessed it, heaven!
2. Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young. They play polar opposites on the popular show Strong Woman Do Bong Soon but once the cameras are off and the lighting low we bet Park Hyung-sik and Park Bo-young would make perfect snuggle buddies. In keeping with Young’s onscreen character, we’d call that one strong love “crush.”
3. Kim Yoo Jung and Park Bo Gum. Kim Yoo Jung may have disguised himself as a man on Love in the Moonlight and Park Bo Gum may be a prince attracted to “him,” but it's this unlikely relationship we would love to see in real life if the pair ever joins forces romantically. Let’s see how this onscreen 19th century couple heats up the 21st century!
4) Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo. He is the handsome captain and she plays a by-the-book doctor on the mega hit Descendants of the Sun. We can only dream how perfect the #SongSongCouple would be in real life. If he ever becomes the captain of her heart someone call the doctor because our hearts will be racing! Ice packs and oxygen! Stat!
5. IU and Kang Ha Neul. Who would have thought being transported back in time and being caught between several handsome princes could be oh so good? On Scarlet Hearts, the undeniable chemistry between IU and Kang Ha-neul makes us blush. We would definitely not be surprised if we catch these two off-guard while having an intimate royal supper. She may have gone back in time to find love but we think these two have a future as a couple!
While we know that South Korean actors keep their private lives terribly hushed, we're still hanging on to the hope that these couples can work it out IRL. After all, their onscreen chemistry can be inspired by real feelings, right? A fangirl can dream!
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: 6 K-Drama Bromances We Loved As Much As The Actual Romance
Banner photograph from Song Hye Kyo.