If you're as much a fan of 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale as we are, y'all probably know why Ross Butler—who plays Zach Dempsey on 13 Reasons Why and Reggie Mantle on Riverdale—gives us so much life. Not only is the 26-year-old actor one of the few Asian-Americans to star regularly in major TV series nowadays, he's not so bad to watch and look at as well.
Suffice it to say, we can't get enough of him—and here are 13 reasons why in no particular order.
1. He has some seriously sexy bed head going on. Who wouldn't want to wake up beside this man candy beside you? *heart eyes*
2. Speaking of candy, we love us a man who 'ppreciates his gummi bears. When you see two things you just can't resist in one darned photo... (That resealable bag of sweet, sweet gummy goodness looks just as fiiiine as he does.)
3. He's a friend to animals. Any bae who can get with our furry friends scores an A+ in our book.
4. His voice is smooth AF. We can listen to this "Compliment Bag Re-Do" by E! News aaall day long.
5. He can carry a tune. And play the guitar sexily while he's at it. We're totally down for you, too, Ross.
6. He does a mean Backstreet Boys lip sync. I mean, who doesn't want it that way?
7. His piano game is strong, too. A man of many talents? Yes, please. (He earns extra, extra points for playing "I'll Make A Man Out of You" from Mulan in this one.)
8. His sketches are also pretty good. As if he can't do enough, the 6'3" charmer actually practices drawing "with a dull pencil with no eraser at ungodly hours of the night listening to jazz trios." We wonder what else he can do with his hands?
9. He's a huge bookworm. One of our biggest romantic fantasies is being able to tell the cutest meet-cute story of all time: Meeting The One in a bookstore. God, can it be Ross, please?
10. He's passionate about Asian representation in Hollywood. With a lot of talk about whitewashing and stereotyping in tinseltown, Ross is a breath of fresh air on TV. In an interview with Refinery29, he shares, "This is something that has been a core [part] of me as an actor, ever since I [became one]. We're a very underrepresented population in Hollywood, but we are the majority population of the world. It's a weird dichotomy that we have here. It's starting to get better and we are starting to see more Asians in roles, but we're not seeing a lot of Asians playing roles [that are] not specifically written for Asians." Go, Ross!
11. He's a mamma's boy. Instant like, instant love. There's nothing more attractive than a man who isn't afraid to say, "Love you momma," and pose for/post photos with her on the reg. We won't mind being the second most important woman in his life, TBH.
12. His stare. We really can't say anything more about this. Just see Exhibit A:
13. He knows what we want. What we really, really, really want. The fan service is real, guys and girls. Keep doing you, Ross. Keep doing you.
We can still go on, but we're sure you get the gist. While Ross won't be reprising his role as Reggie on Riverdale in succeeding seasons, we still have 13 Reason Why's sophomore season to look forward to. If you need daily inspiration, follow Ross on Twitter and Instagram because his tweets and 'grams are gold. Love you, Ross!
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: 5 Of 2017's Hottest TV Series to Binge Watch This Long Weekend
Banner photograph from Riverdale/Netflix.