Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice
16 slices bacon
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 onion, diced
6 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cups day-old cooked rice
1 cup kimchi, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup kimchi sauce
2 cups frozen sweet peas, thawed
1. Cook to render the bacon. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, heat cooking oil and sauté diced onion, stirring until cooked but not brown. Then remove and set aside.
3. Scramble the lightly beaten eggs. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Sear the bacon. Once brown, add sautéed onion and continue sautéing until soft. Add cooked rice and stir-fry.
5. Add kimchi and kimchi sauce and continue sautéing until ingredients are well mixed together.
6. Add coarsely chopped scrambled eggs and peas, continuing to sauté until cooked.
READ: Drool-Worthy Steak Made With Not-Your-Usual Marinade
Originally published in FOOD Magazine's March 2013 issue. Recipe by Robby Goco, photograph by Terry Uy, styling by Butchie Peña. Follow FOOD Magazine on Instagram and like their official Facebook page.