She's the quintessential, trying-hard best frenemy to have on Kapamilya matinee series Pusong Ligaw, but in real life Bianca King has the least issues about anything. She keeps herself busy in between being an actress by baking and producing more content for her lifestyle blog biancaking.com. More often armed with a soft smile rather than the frequent scowl she sports in character on TV, Bianca's natural appearance and personal presentation has won us. Her look appears effortless yet noticeable, something most women aim to achieve these days with minimal faff. Here we navigate through what we love about Bianca's look and offer steps and tutorials to help you achieve what she has.
1. Skin goals check. Beauty looks rarely succeed if you don't have a good canvas to begin with. Optimal skincare and the use of sunscreen are important to care for your mug. Bianca's skin radiates with clarity and health–this is indicative of proper cleansing, spot on maintenance, and a healthy lifestyle.
Weekly exfoliation with a good quality exfoliating toner (not needed if you are a teen, best if you are in your twenties or older) that contains a minimal amount of glycolic acid clears layers of dead skin to reveal new skin more easily, for this category we suggest indie brand Pixi's Glow Pads that contain glycolic acid.
After cleansing, gently exfoliate with that glycolic toner before bed only once a week and in the morning be sure to use sunscreen. If you feel a glycolic toner is too harsh for you try Japan's Cure aqua exfoliating gel available from Beauty Bar. Below we've included a short chat with advanced global facialist and professional skincare expert Caroline Hirons, known for giving high fashion runway models a workup before makeup and VIP clients troubleshooting when it comes to their skincare regimen. Watch as she explains and works through what people may never have imagined is a complete skincare routine.
2. Her brows are always on fleek. Bianca King's brows are almost never seen sparse or haphazardly defined. They're slightly intense but properly defined most of the time and almost never are seen with harsh edges. When defining brows unless you're extremely aiming for that ultimate graphic brow look, keep it simple, defined yet naturally blended. Kate Winslet's makeup artist of choice in the UK, celebrity MUA Lisa Eldridge, demonstrates how to achieve properly shaped eyebrows below.
3. We heart her medium lob of hair, especially when textured. Bianca's hair is that mod medium length that's pretty versatile to work with and always wins with a lot of texture gently worked in. To achieve more texture with your medium length towel dry your tresses only, don't overcomb, and work in a leave-in conditioner, mousse, or salt spray to keep the natural messiness of it all intact. Korean beauty vlogger Jen Chae demonstrates how she does her own styling on her medium lob using salt spray as well below.
[related: Hot Stuff: Birthday Girls And Beshies Maymay Entrata And Kisses Delavin On A Fashion Face-Off!]
4. Each of her chic freckles dot a reminder of a sunny day. Being mestiza, Bianca King possesses that special genetic feature, freckles. Not everyone prefers freckles because they sometimes think they're horridly spotty but a few people have them. We think they're absolute beauty marks that remind us of heaps of days under the sun. Bianca has them naturally but there are ways to cheat having them with makeup. Professional makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury demonstrates towards the end of the video below at 11:38 how to achieve a subtle freckled look at the tail end of doing your makeup.
5. Bianca works that glow from the inside out on the mat. Ultimately, how healthy and fit you are will also weigh in on how great you look. Bianca does yoga regularly to stay in shape and clear her mind. She also shares with Boy Abunda below in an interview why she loves it as a workout so much.
6. We love when she softly works a neutral makeup look. Last but not the least, we like how restrained Bianca King is with the makeup that she wears, the amount or level of cosmetics she has on is usually never in excess. Bianca usually has makeup on soft and somewhat translucent unless it's for an extremely formal occasion. For the soft neutral look she is wearing below you might want to check out the soft makeup look tutorial Pro MUA Lisa Eldridge did on supermodel and actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Here, we see professional techniques and steps used to achieve makeup that doesn't go overboard.
[ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Summer Beauty Slayin' A La Anne, Liza, Nadine, And Solenn]
Photos from: Instagram.com/bianca_king