Celebrate this weekend's special occasion with your mom with a hint of luxury and a whole dose of love. Here are some ideas on where to go and what to do this that'll surely surprise her–and more!
1. Join Gretchen Ho, Hidilyn Diaz, and their moms at Sofitel’s "Inspired By Moms" Mother’s Day celebration. From May 12 to 14, Spiral will be offering a variety of healthy dishes perfect for that UBE with mom–it includes Korean Chicken Ginseng Soup, Thai Chicken Green Curry, Tonjiru Miso Soup, and more. Prizes from Nuxe and Zara await lucky mothers on May 14!
Buffet Prices are as follows: May 12, 2017, Lunch: P2,650 for adults and P1,720 for kids; Dinner: P3,550 for adults and Php1,781 for kids.
May 13, 2017, Lunch: P3,450 for adults and Php1,720 for kids; Dinner: P3,550 for adults and P1,781 for kids.
May 14, 2017, Brunch: P4,655 for adults and P1,965 for kids; Dinner: P3,350 for adults and P1,781 for kids.
2. In case you haven’t bought a gift for your mom yet, Rustan's has a few gift suggestions for you! For your homemaker of a mom, you can consider buying a blender from Kitchen Aid and Bugatti, or dinnerware from Bernardaud, Casa Alegre, Kahla and Royal Albert. If she’s a jetsetter, you can gift her a bag from Longchamp, Dooney & Bourke or Trina Turk or pretty maillots from Maaji and Seafolly.
3. A special cake for all hardworking mothers out there! Mary Grace will be offering its Tres Leches cake until May 14. You can order the cake as a whole (P1200) or by slice (P180). In case you are feeling extra generous, you can have an advanced order of their butter cake until May 11 by emailing email@example.com!
4. Are you a fan of Locavore's Kinilaw Platter, Lechon and Oyster Sisig, Luglog, Sizzling Sinigang, and Sugpo Con Mayonesa? The resto is offering a P2000 gift certificate for one lucky mom! Follow and like Locavore’s Instagram and Facebook page, and repost the photo below answering the question “Why your mom deserves the best?” and tag three friends to do the same!
5. Mothers will be treated to a day of pampering and relaxation at Dusit Thani's Mother's Day Celebration. There will be talks on breastfeeding, babysitting, and fitness, along with blowdry and finger massage sessions and a raffle draw. Ticket price is at P500.
6. Not an affectionate one? Show how much you love your mom online with McDonald's #LoveKitaMa greeting cards! Whether it took you months to accept her FB invite, hidden her comments on your photos, or changed your relationship status before she was informed, let her know that she’s worth more than any ‘like’ or ‘heart’ emoji! The full set of #LoveKitaMa greeting cards can be downloaded on McDonald's Facebook page.
7. If you want to express your love for mom through music, Spotify has your back. It recently curated five sets of playlists as part of its "Ode to Mom" playlist poems!
8. Why don't you get your mom into an endorphin-packed hobby by gifting her a membership from Guavapass? Starting at P500 for a Guavalite membership, your mom can avail of the best fitness classes from partners that include 360 Fitness, Crossfit MNL, Ultimate Fitness, Beyond Yoga and more! New members have until May 15 to take advantage of this offer. 3 month memberships starts at P1500. Sign up at their website.
9. You can also drag your mom to a spontaneous but inexpensive getaway this weekend, by taking advantage of Summit Ridge Tagaytay's Mother's day promo! Check out their special rates for the Super Rooms (Twin or King) until May 13–it's at PHP 5,477 when you check in at May 13, and at PHP 4,977 when you check in at May 14. The promo package includes a daily buffet breakfast for two; guest perks (Griffins, Myra VitaWhite Lotion and Flawless Voucher); a 30% discount on all spa services at The Ridge Spa; and additional discounts/perks at the Summit Ridge Promenade.
10. For your selfie-loving mom, buying her a new phone might be a good idea. Huawei's P10 and P10 Plus might just make her mom happy, with features like a Leica Dual Camera system and a Leica Summilux-H F1.8 front camera (on the P10 Plus). The Huawei P10 and P10 Plus are available at Php 28,990 and Php 36,990 respectively. Available color variants for the P10 are Dazzling Blue, Prestige Gold, Graphite Black, and Greenery. The P10 Plus comes in Dazzling Blue, Dazzling Gold, Graphite Black.
ALSO READ: Daily Diaries: Why You Should Make Saying 'I Love You' To Your Mom A Habit