Another girl has been chosen to represent the country in the biggest beauty pageant in the world–that of the universe, rather, pardon us. Meet Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2016 Maxine Medina's successor, the Filipino-British, Camarines Sur-hailing Rachel Peters.
Red is definitely Rachel's winning color last night!
Rachel won Miss Photogenic and Best in Swimsuit, on her way to the big reveal about her bagging the much-coveted Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2017 crown. Anyone could have guessed her eventual victory last night, with her answer to the very relevant question regarding her message to the ASEAN state leaders should she be invited to the conference.
From events organizer to beauty queen, Rachel Peters made it!
“I believe one of the biggest problems that our country is facing today is divisiveness in politics, in religion, and also in culture. And I believe that it is something that is the same across the world. And that is something I would want to address. I believe that when people can learn to tolerate each other’s differences and respect each other’s opinions, then we will just be a stronger nation and world," Rachel answered to best 39 other hopefuls in winnning the crown.
While she may have impressed the rest of us last night with her elegance and wit, we went ahead and stalked her to come up with more fun facts why we think Rachel is the total package. We're never more reassured she will make it on the world stage soon!
1. She's a resident island girl. "The sight of palm trees soothes her," as pageant blogger Norman Tinio described Rachel on his site. She loves the beach so much, that surfing is second nature to her. Just check out her Instagram to see how much of a real-life, grown-up Moana she is!
Yes, our new beauty queen is a pro in surfing!
2. She looooves traveling. Part of her work as an events organizer at family-owned Midas Promotions (she has worked with Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera) involves a lot of traveling. While she maybe a beach bum at heart, a taste of snow or a hike to the mountains also keeps this adventure seeker excited.
Case in point? Enjoying all the snow in Hokkaido, Japan.
She's game for any adventure!
3. She's morena and proud. The half-British grew up in different countries including Hong Kong and Thailand, but Rachel is proud of her sun-kissed morena skin and her Filipino heritage. She might just head the next #MorenaAndProud movement as she is often compared to brown beauty 'It' girl Solenn Heussaff for that uncanny resemblance!
See it? Because we do!
4. She is one intelligent gal. No wonder why she gave a compelling and relevant response during the Q&A portion: Rachel is well-educated, having finished her International Baccalaureate at the British School in Phuket, Thailand. In addition, she has a Bachelor of Business, Tourism and Events major from La Trobe University in Australia. Beauty and brains? Pssh, that's an understatement!
She has a knack for the arts. How to be you po, Ms. Peters?
5. She is a big animal lover! A quick peek at her Instagram is solid proof to her love for dogs. If she's not posting photos of her with pet dogs Ronda and Kobe (named after athletes, obviously), she's around exotic animals she'd visit in zoos like horses, birds, and even baby tigers.
She can be a "dog whisperer" with how friendly she is with dogs. Baby tigers do feel safe around her!
6. She has a #winner love life! Of all these, of course, Rachel is a catch. The lucky guy who has stolen her heart? Camarines Sur governor Migz Villafuerte. Watch them take over the online world with sexy, kilig-inducing photos showing their love for travel and the beach! Truly, #relationshipgoals!
Potential It couple in the making, yes?
ALSO READ: In Focus: What Do Men Think About You On The First Date? These Hotties Spill!
Photographs from Rachel Peters' Instagram account and courtesy of Sany Chua