It can be quite a challenge to pick out only one, or two, or a few new beauty products to update your arsenal with, especially with the endless choices available in the market (new collections and products in stores almost every week!), so we want to make it easier for you: We caught wind of six products that will, no doubt, help you be your freshest self because of their special qualities. Even better, they've caught the fancy of six of the loveliest faces in the country today:
1. Matte lipstick that's legit soft on the lips? Maybelline Powder Mattes by Color Sensational at your service. Liza Soberano likes hers in Touch of Nude, which she considers her new "my lips but better" lippie. There are 14 other equally pretty colors in the line (you'd be hard-pressed to choosing only one), all of which are extremely lightweight and highly pigmented. P299 each, available at Watsons, SM Beauty, and leading department stores nationwide. Visit the Maybelline Facebook Page for more information.
[related: Cheat Sheet: The Five Products You Need to Get Liza Soberano’s Most Stunning Looks]
2. One of Saab Magalona's latest beauty and health faves? Manuka honey. She has a spoonful of it in the morning, and sometimes she adds it to her afternoon tea. And for her skin, she uses Manuka honey-enriched Kiehl's Pure Vitality Skin Renewing Cream. It smoothes, refines, and strengthens skin for youthful vitality. Specifically, its New Zealand Manuka Honey ingredient strengthens skin barrier to smooth fine lines. It also has revitalizing Korean Red Ginseng Root that accelerates cell renewal for a vibrant glow. Available at Kiehl's Greenbelt 5, SM Mega Fashion Hall, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, and Power Plant Mall. Visit the Kiehl's Facebook Page for more information.
3. Rise above the sweltering heat of the summer sun by picking out products that will outlast the humidity. Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup provides fab coverage, feels good on the skin, and is perfect for touch ups any time of the day! It comes in a handy stick form that easily fits in your pocket, too. Similarly, the Revlon Insta-Blush in cream form is also efficient for that insta-rosy glow. Sam Rodriguez got to try these at a shoot, and loved them. Available in leading department stores nationwide. Visit the Revlon Philippines Facebook Page for more information.
4. L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24H Stay Fresh Foundation lives up to its name, and Gabs Gibbs knows this too well. Plakado makeup that looks natural? This one's your BFF. Besides being obviously longwearing, it has also got moisturizing ingredients so your skin is taken care of even if you're wearing full-on makeup for a long period of time. It's just part of a full range of Infallible products for long-lasting on fleek beauty. Available at Watsons, SM Beauty, and leading department stores nationwide. Visit the L'Oreal Paris Philippines Facebook Page for more information.
5. Shield yourself from the harsh rays of the tropical sun like how Rica Peralejo-Bonifacio does it: By using Happy Skin's Catch the Sun line. "Sunscreen that doesn't make me oily and white!," she raves on Instagram. Choose your poison, but both do wonders as everyday sunscreen. There's the Sun Brightening UV Gel Cream SPF 40 PA+++ or the On the Go Hydrating UV Mist SPF 35 PA++. Shop online at happyskincosmetics.com or visit the Happy Skin Facebook Page for more information.
6. Karylle's gone really iconic in the fragrance department, with MAC Shadescents in Candy Yum Yum ("conjures tropical fruit and cotton candy), for which she is the face for in the Philippines. The brand recently launched their first ever perfume line inspired by their most famous lipsticks: Besides Candy Yum Yum, also in the roster are Lady Danger ("thrills with notes of wild cherry"), Ruby Woo ("goes bold with whiffs of deep red leather"), My Heroine ("notes of saffron, incense, smoke, and cordovan leather"), Creme d'Nude ("evokes the vibrant sexiness of naked skin"), and Velvet Teddy ("calls forth wild honey and creamy musk". They come in glam bottles, too! Available at MAC boutiques nationwide. Visit the MAC Official Facebook Page for more information.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Celeb-Approved Ways To Jazz Up Your Workout Look
Photographs courtesy of MAC Cosmetics and from Instagram.com/saabmagalona, Instagram.com/lizasoberano, Instagram.com/revlon_ph, Instagram.com/sambierodriguez, Instagram.com/gabsgibbs, Instagram.com/mrsboph, and Instagram.com/happyskin_ph