Are you having a bad day, or perhaps you just want to improve your reflexes? Boxing will be beneficial for you, either way! While running and boxing are both cardio exercises, some people prefer the latter nowadays: Aside from burning more calories than running, boxing also improves hand-eye coordination and one’s overall strength.
Lots of women all over the world have also fallen in love with the sport, even if other countries consider it taboo. Top models like Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid credit boxing, alongside their healthy diets, for their uber hot physique.
Still hesitant to go all-out physical in the ring? Let these ladies show you why it's soooo worth a try (and why you'll be easily hooked), plus some boxing tips:
1. Warm up properly. Cristine Reyes and Dyan Castillejo would often do Fight Form, a warm up exercise routine from Ultimate Fitness, before starting a boxing sesh.
2. Have a boxing buddy. Just like other sports, boxing is much more fun if you have a friend who is into it as well. Nadine Lustre has James Reid as her buddy, but no worries, it's still all love between the two of them.
3. Variety is the spice of life. There are a thousand ways to incorporate boxing to your workout routine. Ellen Adarna tweaks her boxing routine occasionally, adding elements of dancing, or doing squats while sparring with her trainer.
4. Know the fundamentals by heart. To improve endurance and avoid accidents, it is important to practice the fundamentals, which include proper footwork. Kathryn Bernardo just goes at it every single time!
5. Develop your preferred boxing style. Whether you find yourself comfortable being a counterpuncher, slugger, or swarmer, finding a boxing style that fits you will help you maintain your endurance in the long run. In the case of Bela Padilla, she is comfortable with the southpaw style of boxing.
6. Keep on boxing—until you are dead tired. No matter how hard each session will be, just keep on going until you are dead tired before calling it a day. Kylie Padilla may goof out when she has no more stamina to box, but she is always game to come back for another session.
ALSO READ: In Focus: 20 Unique Things About The Women On The Binibining Pilipinas 2017 Roster
Photograph screengrabbed from Bench Body's fitness campaign