Beyonce's hit song couldn't have put it better: Girls run the world!
Today, there's already a long list of women who are pushing boundaries and breaking the glass ceiling in various fields, be it science, law, or entertainment. In Hollywood, for instance, aside from Beyonce, you have personalities like Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Victoria Beckham, and Emma Watson who have been making womanity proud with their advocacies and go-getter attitudes.
[related: Hot Stuff: Celebrate International Women's Day with These Kickass Quotes]
Here in the Philippines, here's how some of our local female personalities are being #BoldForChange this International Women’s Day:
1. Liza Soberano is real and down-to-earth when asked about being the ultimate crush ng bayan.
2. Bianca Gonzalez shares how big of an influence broadcaster Karen Davila is in her life.
3. A Lang Leav poem mirrors Shaina Magdayao's International Women’s Day feels.
4. Strong women, you say? Anne Curtis, Solenn Heussaff, and Isabelle Daza rocked this hill circuit training.
5. KC Concepcion shines the spotlight on Caméléon Association founder Laurence Ligier, whose organization helps save abused girls in Iloilo.
I was asked by #Downy to choose 3 women who inspire me. Apart from my mom ofc, I want to turn the spotlight on one of my chosen women. ?? Not many know that the woman behind my journey into the humanitarian world is Laurence Ligier, founder of Caméléon Association (@cameleonphilippines) - a French-Filipino NGO that protects the rights of girls who have survived sexual abuse in IloIlo, Philippines. ???????? Laurence & I met by accident at an event in Paris, France, while I was living there as a college student. We soon became friends, and she taught me a lot about the French life, but also "the simple life" - she constantly urged me to follow in the footsteps of Angelina Jolie, a woman who steps out of the glitz and glam of the world of entertainment to lend a hand to those in need. Whew...What a feat. ?? In the years I've known her, it becomes more and more clear to me why she has been knighted in France with the highly coveted recognition, "Légion d'honneur" ♥? She has risked her life to support and defend her girl survivors who have been shown a bright future thanks to her center. It's because of her courage, strength, and heart of gold that she will #NeverFade. ?? || See you ladies tomorrow, @piawurtzbach & @iamsuperbianca! ????
6. Sexy knows no age, just ask Jessy Mendiola, Teacher Georcelle Dapat-Sy, Agot Isidro, and Nadine Tengco who all slayed it on the cover of the book Sexy At Any Age.
7. “Empowered women empower women”: This is Jasmine Curtis’ message to all women out there.
8. Angel Locsin made this special day truly count by donating part of her to those in need.
9. Remember this reminder from Heart Evangelista, ladies.
ALSO READ: In Focus: These 5 Katipunan Cafés Have All You Need For Thesis Time
Banner photograph from Instagram.com/itskcconcepcion