By Grace Diez
Lifestyle blogger and favorite style peg Patty Laurel, on the sidelines of Rustan’s Real Love event held recently, generously shared beauty tips and secrets that will leave fellow women glowing with remarkable beauty inside and out. If you want to exude the same beauty that Patty Laurel effortlessly radiates, take note of her Top Five Beauty Tips and Essentials:
1. Have a grateful heart. A woman’s beauty is indeed highlighted by the state of her heart. “I know it’s not really a product but once you start with a really good perspective, the smile comes naturally, the wrinkles on your forehead dissolve and when you really have a good outlook, it shows in your skin and in your face,” says Patty. The beauty within truly shines when the heart is happy and appreciative so go count your blessings!
Pair that grateful heart and natural beauty with the subtle and sweet fragrance of Acca Kappa White Moss or Dityque L’Ombre Dans L’eau that captures the heart.
2. Stay hydrated. Patty swears water is life and this general fact also applies to everyone. “I always have a thermos with me everywhere I go. In fact, I have it by my side at night. I wake up in the middle of the night just to drink water. Being hydrated cleanses your system. It’s a very economical way to have good skin.” While keeping yourself hydrated at night, double your hydrating efforts with Perricone’s Face Finishing Moisturize for clearer, younger-looking skin.
3. Be diligent about cleansing. The first-time mom also says cleansing is a must. “Make sure that you actually dedicate time to clean every crevice on your face especially when you come from work and you’re very tired. As a mom like me, sometimes you feel that you have no time to do it. But I just really tell my husband if he can get the baby so I can wash my face. When you take everything off, it leaves less room for bacteria and germs to grow. It feels fresher when you can hug your baby and your husband without anything on your face,” she says with a smile. Make it a habit to cleanse your face thoroughly with Patty’s essential Dermalogica PreCleanse.
4. Exercise. Patty admits that this is an area in her life that she also needs help with. “Exercising makes your blood circulation flow properly and you feel fit. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to be thin or that you have to look a certain way. As long as you’re healthy and you’re active, it also makes your skin glow in a natural way,” she notes. Exercising is better when done under the sun so you can also absorb Vitamin D. And remember, the face needs to be protected with use of suncare specifically suited for it like the Clarins UV Plus SPF 50.
5. Do your research on skin care and beauty products. The well-loved lifestyle blogger emphasizes on the importance of researching on the best products and what fits you. “It’s easy to follow fads but if you do your research and you read about the products then the products will be able to help you achieve what you really need. Like here in Rustan’s, they have products that are tried and tested. Not just any brands are here so you can be sure that when you invest in a certain foundation or a hydropencil, you get your money’s worth,” Patty says. Experience the best and the trusted brands for beauty and skincare like NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation or Laura Mercier Infusion De Rose Nourishing Oil—because your skin deserves it.
Follow Patty Laurel’s beauty tips and let your true beauty shine naturally all year round!
Just like Patty, be confident with your beauty and skincare choices by using products you can trust. The most trusted and globally renowned beauty and skincare brands are available at Rustan's The Beauty Source. For updates and sweet deals, follow:
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Celeb-Approved Sleek One-Piece Swimsuits And High Waist Bikinis To Jumpstart Summer
Photographs courtesy of Rustan's The Beauty Source