Tennis player-turned-sportscaster Dyan Castillejo has got a body to die for. Just look at her muscles!
She works out anywhere.. be it the gym,
[related: Daily Diaries: Gym, Diet, And The Death Of Me]
Or right in her own backyard!
Exercise is clearly a priority for the 51-year-old. But she also knows a thing or two about proper nutrition. “I love my power shakes after a workout,” she shared on Instagram. True enough, on the last day of February, the 51-year-old shared this extremely easy and super simple recipe of her go-to recovery drink.
Stars like Karylle were quick to notice.
[related: Cheat Sheet: Iza, Anne, Solenn, Erwan, Daniel, And Coleen Show Us How To Eat As Healthy As Them]
And without any frills, she showed us just how it’s made so we too can try it for ourselves! The ingredients you need for this are…
1. Bunch of Spinach. Did you know that one cup of these leafy greens has about 41 calories? Spinach also has plenty of vitamins K, A, B2, B6, E, and C, as well as calcium, iron, and manganese. No wonder Dyan and Popeye are crazy about them!
2. One frozen banana. Bananas are high in potassium and magnesium which help lower blood pressure and relax muscles.
[related: #TryThisTuesday Trending List: Healthier Alternatives to Your Fave Mid-Night and Midnight Snacks!]
3. One cup of mango. Mangoes are great antioxidants, they help prevent different cancers like colon, breast, and prostate. It also boosts your immune system thanks to the Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and carotenoids they contain.
4. One tablespoon of flaxseed. Research shows that these tiny, gluten-free seeds are both high in fiber and low in carbs. It’s also rich in omega-3, which helps keep your skin, hair, and eyes in check.
5. One tablespoon of chia seeds. Also known as “strength” when translated to Mayan, the Aztec warriors would consume chia seeds to build their energy and resistance levels. But today this popular superfood is especially recognized for its antioxidant properties that speed up the skin’s ability to repair itself (which, likewise, slows downs premature aging). How cool is that?
6. One cup of almond milk. Unlike typical cow’s milk, milk made from almonds generally has less calories and carbs. It’s also an excellent source of heart-healthy, mono and polyunsaturated fats. If this isn’t enough to convince you, almond milk is a known alternative drink to those who are lactose-intolerant. So that’s less trips to the bathroom!
All you have to do is sort and slice the ingredients, then throw them all in a blender. After a few seconds it'll be ready to drink! Sprinkle a spoonful of flaxseeds on top for an added boost.
You can watch the entire video below or on her Instagram.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Lisa Macuja-Elizalde Introduces Ballet For Fitness As A Workout Against Alzheimer's
Photograph from Instagram.com/dyancastillejo, Unsplash.com, Pixabay.com, and www.webmd.com / Artwork by Jana Jimenez