Plus more of the hippest happenings in the local fashion, beauty, food, and culture scene.
1. Looking to getting your skin beach-ready and nails did before summer starts? Head on over to Nailaholics, one of the country’s top urban nail and pampering destinations, and choose from their selection of waxing, moisturizing, mani-pedis, foot spas, and other spa treatments! You’re sure to be covered in bliss from head to toe. Follow Nailaholics on Twitter and Instagram and like them on Facebook to learn more.
[related: Hot Stuff: The Dazzling Nail Polish Trends You Must Try In 2017]
2. Bayer Philippines recently held their very first Rogin-E ManCon 2017 last February 18 at the Metro Walk Tent in Pasig. It was a whole-day event that invited men to try out different activities (cars, motorbikes, sports, fashion, grooming, toys, and other hobbies) that not only piqued their interests but promoted physical endurance, mental power, vitality, and work-play balance—all of which to were designed to help to stay on top of their game. Famous names that attended included Aubrey Miles, Roxanne Barcelo, DJ Tony Tony, Jimmy Alapag, Gabe Norwood, Aly Borromeo, Anton del Rosario, and Angie Mead King. Go to their website for more information.
3. Living away from mom and dad isn’t so hard when you have practical products to use at home! Luckily, O Shopping is offering a number of home solutions to make independent life a lot more convenient. Avail of their Vo. Temm Living boxes to better store your things—no matter how limited your space is. Check out their Ilo Titanium Cookware set, that even the clueless or most inexperienced kitchen newbie can appreciate. Can’t afford a spin class membership? The Wedo X-Bike will do the trick—plus, it’s portable! And if you want to treat yourself to an out-of-town trip or a DIY spa sesh, consider getting the Swiss Military Polycarbonate Luggage or Oriental Jin Plu Scrub. All these items are available for purchase on O Shopping! Watch it 24/7 on SKY and Destiny Cable Channel 11. It also airs on ABS-CBN (channel 2) every weekday from 12:30 AM to 4:30 AM and weekends from 12:30 AM to 5:30 AM and on these ABS-CBN TVplus channels: Cinemo (channel 3) from 1 AM to 4 AM, Yey! (channel 4) 10 PM to 5 AM and The Knowledge Channel (channel 5) from 10 PM to 5 AM. Purchases can also be made through the O Shopping app, available for download for both iOS and Android, or through the website.
4. Over 40,000 art collectors and enthusiasts to students, millennials, and social media influencers showed up at Art Fair PH 2017, which was held from February 16-19 at The Link Carpark in Makati. This is definitely record-breaking, considering how last year’s attendance just saw around 22,000. “Year on year, we strive to make the best of Philippine contemporary art accessible to more people, and continue to provide a massive venue for local artists to showcase their works with a spotlight that they deserve. And it’s apparent that with this year’s numbers we have met our goals,” said the fair's co-founder Trickie Lopa. For more information on Art Fair Philippines 2017, please visit their website, like them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter and Instagram.
5. Great news for iflix subscribers! The first three episodes of The Magicians (season two) is available for streaming and downloading on iflix, with new episodes express from the U.S. every Thursday. Picking up from where the first season left off, the show continues to follow Quentin Coldwater (played by Jason Ralph) and his friends, as they must “draw upon their novice skills to defeat a threat could destroy the magical world” of Fillory. For new subscribers, iflix offers a complimentary one-month trial with full access to its world-class service, features, and content. Visit their website to register.
6. Congratulations, Atom Araullo! The 34-year-old’s documentary on climate change conditions, Warmer, is now a finalist in the New York Festivals Awards for International TV programs and films, which will be held in Las Vegas on April 25. Warmer joins Lando’s Wrath, Typhoon Lando, and Mukha: Serbisyo as shortlisted productions from ABS-CBN.
7. No plans this Friday? The Palace Pool Club and SM Accessories invite you to party with them for #AYearOfESCAPE, in celebration of /ESCAPE’s first year anniversary. Kick off your summer with four of their new cocktails, plus live performances from Nix Damn P, Lesha, Kat DJ, and American electro-pop artist Kiiara. Get your tickets from their website. This event is for anyone 18 and above. No minors allowed. No ID, no entry.
8. Picture this: Bars of KitKat wrapped in warm pizza crust, with an extra serving of milk dip. If these sound too good to be true, you’re in luck. Pizza Hut has just included them in their menu! Order online at their website to try their KitKat Pops for just P75!
9. Back for it's fourth year, Megaworld's Iloilo-Iloilo Business Park will soon host its 4th annual Iloilo-Iloilo Bike Festival from March 2-4. Special activities are lined up for each day at what is currently known as the biggest bike festival in the country and is attempting at breaking the Guinness World Record of "Longest single line of moving bicycles". On March 2, there is Ronda Pilipinas. On March 3, there's the the IFold Visitour as well as a Battle of the Bands competition. March 4 marks the highlight of the festival the IFold Amazing Race, the Women XC Challenge, a Kiddie Bike Race and Pumptrack Event, the Pinta Siklista, the Grand Fun Ride Guinness record attempt, and a special program where thrilling performances from local bands, as well as awards and raffle items await.
10. Oxygen invites everyone to Come, Hang Out as they welcome summer with the final leg of their four-part music session series that features some of today's hottest local artists. Entitled Artist's Room, the event will be held at Oxygen SM City Seaside Cebu and will have special performances by Kirby Yu and Jen Sarmientoto on March 5.
ALSO READ: In Focus: Go On An Idyllic Getaway At Neri Naig-Miranda's Cute Cottage In Tagaytay