Fact: Every guy has that one bro whom he pretty much won't be embarrassed being cheesy with. Having a lot in common and that indescribable, unique, legit bros have trademark moves that mark their brotherly love, and have deep respect for each other, guided by a bro code.
Some may find bromance—defined by The Age as a "non-sexual love affair between two males"—awkward, but such relationship is also well-celebrated in the 21st century that they're now as cool as female BFF-dom. Check out these six pairs who make bromance look oh so fine:
1. Erwan Heussaff and Nico Bolzico. The soon-to-be in-laws love to poke fun at one another, and we think no one does this cooler, whether it involves Erwan making fun of Nico’s language “tutorial”, or Nico calling Erwan various names, even including obscene ones. Aside from being fitness buddies, they are also twinning partners-in-crime.
[related: In Focus: Let’s Talk About the #ItBros]
Twinning game so strong!
Bro it up a la Erwan and Nico: Instead of going to the beach to flaunt your enviable bodies, why not go for the unconventional and try snowboarding in Hokkaido, Japan? Erwan and Nico's recent Instagram posts prove that the cold never bothered their pursuit of having fun in the snow.
2. Gerald Anderson and Rayver Cruz. Their bond goes way past their shared love for basketball: Gerald actually credits Rayver for his entry into showbiz, the latter suggesting he try out the biz when they met at a hoops match. Throughout their many years of being close friends, no controversy shrouded their relationship, both following the bro code to a T—Rayver never courted Maja Salvador, Gerald's ex, despite being very close to her. "Mahal ko sila parehas," Rayver told Boy Abunda in an episode of Tonight with Boy Abunda.
Having the support of one another, from showbiz to basketball.
One other thing they have in common? Gerald and Rayver are "fans" of One Direction, they even got Enchong Dee to join in on their version of "One Thing" in true bro style:
Bro it up a la Gerald and Rayver: Gerald and Rayver keep their on-court game on point with basketball apparel and shoes from Titan. Aside from basketball gear (they sell exclusive merchandise too!), Titan also has a barbershop to keep you and your bro well-groomed.
3. James Reid and Bret Jackson. Even if James is one of the most successful and busiest stars today, he still makes it a point to find time for best buddy Bret Jackson. These two cuties can actually get pretty cheesy, we can't handle the adorbness. Whether they're hugging each other tightly like this...
How cute of them!
... Or are making wacky faces during their barkada getaways:
Strike a pose!
Bro it up a la James and Bret: Aside from visiting Cebu's many islands and exploring its natural beauty, you and your bro should add diving to your to-do list when in the Queen City of the South. Malapascua Island and Nalusuan Island have diverse marine life, perfect for underwater photographers and diving enthusiasts, or simply you who'd want to try something new.
4. Jay-R and Billy Crawford. Aside from being occasional music collaborators, Jay-R and Billy have a really good grasp of each other's musical styles and personalities that they can impersonate each other so well, too! Remember that time when Jay-R performed as Billy, complete with outfit and dance moves, for Your Face Sounds Familiar? Everyone was just amazed at how Jay-R perfectly sang and grooved to Billy's hit song "Bright Lights".
Billy, Jay-R, and fellow bro Kris Lawrence think alike with wacky poses.
Bro it up a la Billy and Jay-R: Try your luck at City of Dreams Manila's casino! If you don't win big, no worries either: You and your bro can indulge on Nobu Restaurant's well-known fusion cuisine.
5. JC Intal and Doug Kramer. JC and Doug remained close even when they were on opposing teams in the PBA. Outside of basketball, both have been supportive of each other's relationships. In fact, Doug and his wife Cheska Garcia-Kramer were instrumental in making JC's proposal to Bianca Gonzalez at NAIA happen.
Teammates or not, they remain best buddies, and are close with their respective families.
Bro it up a la Doug and JC: How about spending a weekend over at your bro's house with wifey and the kiddos for lunch and dinner and the ultimate extended family bonding?
6. Jericho Rosales and Buji Libarnes. Did you know that Buji, an interior designer/architect, designed Jericho’s surf-inspired home? And boy, did her do an awesome job... proof of just how well they know each other.
[related: Design Tips: Retro-Minimalist Cues from Jericho Rosales' Home]
Kim and Nikki do not mind the bromance between their husbands at all.
Bro it up a la Echo and Buji: If you have been visiting San Juan, La Union so often that you and your bro are surfing pros, why not share your knowledge and teach others how to surf?
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: The Chill Celeb Menswear Athleisure Looks We've Been Loving
Photographs from Instagram.com/rnbjayr, Instagram.com/rayvercruz, Instagram.com/dougkramer44, Instagram.com/bret.jackson, Instagram.com/koi_sonofabeach, Instagram.com/nicobolzico, and Instagram.com/Jcintal7