Love is definitely in the air during February. But while the rest of world is out riding the last wave of Valentine's fever—what with chocolates, flowers, and romantic dates, this month's natal day celebrants can continue spreading the love through festive happy birthday parties!
We followed five celebs and their loved ones whose own birthdays just happen to fall during the love month. If you’re unsure just how to celebrate yours (whether or not you’re a February baby), they show us the many ways to make your special day real memorable:
1. Turn a regular party into a fitness party! This year, the ever-vibrant Anne Curtis invited some of her closest friends for early morning hill sprints. What followed afterwards was a well-deserved breakfast feast. Combining a hefty meal with exercise will make you feel less guilty about what you eat, especially if you're the type to watch your weight.
The birthday girl (who doesn't look a day over 32) and her loves.
Carbs are life. Just look at this pastry selection!
No better way to refuel than with some greasy, Erwan-cooked goodness.
[related: Cheat Sheet: 3 Tips For Surprising Your Bae Like Anne Curtis Did]
2. Plan a salubong. If going outside isn't your thing, you can treat closest friends to an indoor private gathering—just like Nikki Gil’s husband, BJ Albert did! The couple turned to Passion Cooks, to serve burgers, beer, butterfingers, and hotdogs to their guests. Nikki documented everything on Instagram, and boy, did the food look tasty.
Guests could be as creative as they wanted!
Nikki with her girls Patty Laurel-Filart, Dani Tabuena-Enrile, and Krissy Rodriguez-Kairuz
All smiles and kisses for this happy couple!
3. Make it an intimate family affair. Time sure flies: Can you believe Amarah Khatibi already turned two? Her parents, Cristine Reyes and Ali Khatibi marked this special day with a custom cake from Honey Glaze Cakes and ARTEEGRAM printed pillows! Personalized gifts are sure to make any kid grin.
This cake is extra special because her favorite cartoon characters are on it!
The pillows have family pictures on them, too cute!
[related: In Focus: If Feather Prats Could Talk, We'll Just All Be Helpless With Her Cuteness]
4. Give back. Heart Evangelista spent her 32nd birthday visiting kids at the Philippine General Hospital (PGH). She also took time off to talk about Linger, her fragrance collab with WHIFF Perfume. Every bottle sold helps children with congenital heart disease.
Talk about Heart having a big heart!
With the doctors and staff of PGH
Not all of us can whip up a perfume so easily, but if you really can't allot time and effort to give back, donating cash or goods to hospitals, charities, or non-profits is a wonderful alternative.
5. Perform! Love being on stage? For your next party, be like Ylona and plan a special birthday number you can perform in front of adoring fans (read: friends and family). Another alternative we suggest is a karaoke party! This is a fun way for you and your barkada to jam without a care in the world.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Throw A Pinoy Birthday Party Like Shamcey Supsup Did For Her Cutie Pie Nyke
Photographs from Instagram.com/annecurtissmith, Instagram.com/erwanheussaff, Instagram.com/nikkigil, Instagram.com/mrscristinekhatibi, Instagram.com/iamhearte, and Instagram.com/ylonagarcia / Artwork by PV Sandrino