Do you find yourself asking “what am I going to wear” over and over again?
Finding yourself clueless or overwhelmed by the thought of dressing up for a date is completely normal. What more when it's Valentine's Day, right? A lot of us want to look our best because, let’s face it, February 14 comes only once a year.
Unless you and your lucky guy are going someplace casual [or somewhere without a strict dress code], we’ve laid out some dress ideas to make the process easier. The list was inspired by the ever-lovely Julia Montes and her stylist, Myrrh Lao To, so you're sure each entry is a winner:
1. Channel your inner Marilyn Monroe in a red version of her famous frock. Pair your dress with matching red heels, let your hair down, and you’re guaranteed to look gorgeously date-ready! What Julia has on in this pic was designed by Sheira Lyn Lim.
[related: Style Spy: Color Blocking Obsession]
2. For black-tie dinners, a ball gown might just be what you need. You can keep jewelry to a minimum, as did Julia, and concentrate heavily on your makeup for a more glam feel. Similar to the first dress, Sheira Lyn Lim designed this.
3. If you’re thinking of showing off a bit of skin, try a sleek, off-the-shoulder style similar to the one on Julia. The velvet fabric and tight fit are sure to grab your man’s attention. Leave it to Sheira Lyn Lim (again!) to design such a jawdropper.
4. We love just about everything on this Sherilyn Jarlega number—most especially the ruffle hem below Julia's knees. Mid-length pieces make her look elegant and the color can give any skintone a radiant glow.
5. Another option is a short-sleeved pencil dress! The one Julia is wearing was designed by Elize Bride. It would probably be just as eyepopping without the embroidery, but with it, the dress definitely looks more dainty.
[related: Miss Universe 2016 Watch: And The Winningest Color Is... Champagne!]
6. While this photo was likely taken at a shoot, we can’t help but think the bandage-type evening dress on Julia is perfect for extra fancy dinners. The bedazzled halter neckline is an accessory in itself, and the color is just w-o-w.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Find The Perfect Valentine's Day Movie For You No Matter The State Of Your Heart
Photographs from Instagram.com/montesjulia08 and Instagram.com/myrrhlaoto / Artwork by Jana Jimenez