Are you one of those who think Liza Soberano would make for the perfect Philippine representative to Miss Universe someday? Even Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach thinks Liza has got what it takes to be a beauty queen.
“She really has the beauty for it. She does not even need to try!” Pia commented on Aces and Queens head Jonas Gaffud’s post comparing Liza to Miss Universe 2002 Oxana Fedorova.
[related:Hot Stuff: When Liza Soberano Asked "Am I Not Enough? Pangit Ba Ko?," The Internet Went Wild]
While there's much clamor from fans and friends for Liza to join Binibining Pilipinas, she insists on focusing on her work as an actress for now, but that she may (*fingers crossed*) join in the future. “I’m not closing my doors. People change their minds through the course of time,” Liza said in an interview with TV Patrol.
As we keep our fingers crossed in the hopes Liza changes her mind, take a look at these eight legit reasons why she is fit to be a beauty queen:
1. Looks- and aura-wise, reminds us of an iconic Miss Universe winner. Just look at this comparison Jonas made between Liza and Miss Universe 2002 Oxana Fedorova:
After meeting Liza in person during the Star Magic Ball, where everyone went crazy over her look, Jonas said in his post: "She has what it takes to be a Miss Universe." And as we all know, queenmaker Mama J sure knows what he's talking about.
[related: Star Magic Ball 2016 Diaries: Everyone's Crazy About Liza Soberano's Look!]
2. She still has a lot of time to bloom and prepare in case she does decide to try it out in the pageant scene. Liza is 19 years old as of this writing, so she has roughly 7 more years before reaching the age limit for Binibining Pilipinas and Miss Universe candidates. And if she's already this stunning now, we bet she'll look even more gorgeous in the future. After all, she revealed that she did join a pageant during high school, and won.
3. She is way more than her good looks. In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Miss Universe 1993 and one of the judges of this year's Miss Universe pageant, Dayanara Torres, said that she wants the new Miss Universe to be "somebody who has personality." I'm sure you'll all agree when I say that Liza can impress the panel in this aspect, yes?
4. Her beauty just impresses anyone. Whether she is barefaced or with makeup on or even distorting her face to wacky expressions, Liza's beauty is often a trending topic here and abroad. Foreign artists like Charlie Puth, Selena Gomez, The Vamps' James McVey, and The Chainsmokers have all admired this young lady's looks.
[related: Daily Diaries: 13 Liza Soberano Wacky Faces That Are Still So Beautiful You'd Be Envious]
5. She's an inspiration to many. No matter how many times we would be in awe at how beautiful she is, Liza would repeatedly say that she does not want to be remembered for being just pretty. Girl's got values, wanting to be remembered for her work as an actress, and for the fact that she is the breadwinner of her family that prioritizes her needs over wants, as she replied to a critic on her Instagram post. She'll be a good fit for what Miss Universe 1994 Sushmita Sen is looking for don't you think? "She has to be someone who is unapologetic about being beautiful; someone who can elevate her life and lead it by example; someone who can inspire change; someone who has a soul; and someone who you just look at and say, 'Ah! Miss Universe!,'" Sushmita said in an interview with ABS-CBN News.
In fact, she gives articulate arguments to her critics!
6. She's humble and down-to-earth. Despite all her achievements, Liza remains to be the same person she was when she started her career in 2013. Whether you are one of her close friends, a member of her glam team, or even a fan, you will be able to attest to how approachable Liza is, even if she is one of the most popular actresses of this generation.
[related: In Focus: Get To Know Liza Soberano More Through The Eyes Of The People Closest To Her]
7. She appeals to practically all walks of life. Partly because of how she deals with different people–bashers included, it's really hard to find a reason not to like Liza. Young or old, rich or poor, student or yuppie–everyone has a reason to love this girl. Even celebrities like Anne Curtis, Solenn Heussaff, and Gretchen Barretto gush about her.
8. She has meaningful advocacies. Staying true to her core, Liza veers away from extravagant things, like when she did not want a lavish party for her 18th birthday. Instead, she chose to celebrate her birthday making other people happy. Be it abandoned kids…
Or the elderly…
Liza has a kind and caring soul for the less fortunate, and that makes her loved by people all the more. Another check for this girl as Dayanara also said that, "We need somebody who can bring some happiness. Whatever she says, people will listen so somebody who can handle that kind of job."
ALSO READ: Miss Universe 2016 Watch: 10 Memorable Moments From The Whole 65th Miss U Pageant Journey
Photographs from Instagram.com/lizasoberano, Instagram.com/ogie_diaz, and Instagram.com/melomagic