February is shaping to be a hugot-filled month when it comes to local movies!
Just after the trailer of Maja Salvador and Paulo Avelino’s upcoming film I’m Drunk, I Love You got people on social media talking, another movie is creating social media buzz for a similar reason.
[related: In Focus: Maja And Paulo Will Make You Relive All Those College Feels With “I'm Drunk, I Love You”]
The movie in question? My Ex and Whys, starring Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil. Partly set in Korea, the movie is about Cali (Liza Soberano) and Gio (Enrique Gil), ex-lovers working together for a project, with Gio trying to win back Cali's heart in the process.
The official trailer now has over 700,000 views on YouTube, and there's one part that really got everyone’s attention... and no it's not those intimate clips. Rather, it was how Cali asks Gio: "Am I not enough? Panget ba ako? Kapalit-palit ba ako?"
Given that Liza is one of the prettiest actresses of her generation and one of the most beautiful women in the world as many international music acts and bloggers will attest to, netizens just can't help but throw around their own witty comebacks and feels towards Liza's hugot. Here are some of our faves:
1. Bastusan ba Liza?
2. Because we are peasants compared to Liza.
3. No wonder Liza had to ask that question.
4. When she's too pretty it sounds like a joke...
5. Miss Universe Philippines Maxine Medina's fans found this as an opportunity to show their support for their queen.
6. Seriously, it hurts.
7. Insensitive ka ba, Liza? JK
8. Liza, you are the hero of all girls that got cheated on.
9. And then there are those who want justice LOL.
10. What do you think, world?
ALSO READ: In Focus: Richard Gomez Is The Sweetest Dad To Daughter Juliana
Banner photograph from the "My Ex and Whys" movie poster