Traveling out and around the country, eating different kinds of food, watching the latest movies (and sometimes having serious discussions about them)… these are just some of the many ways we bond with our families.
But one bonding activity we also love is working out. There are studies citing the benefits you reap from group exercise. And if your parents, brothers, or sisters aren’t the type, or have wanted to try but didn’t know where to start, take a look at how these celebrities turned physical activities into fun-filled ones!
1. JIU JITSU. Teaching your daughter to be tough has never looked cuter! At this rate, it’ll only be a matter of time before Amarah Khatibi can take on her mixed martial artist father, Ali. Try the likes of KMA Fitness & Martial Arts when looking for places to train. They offer classes suited for both parents and their children.
2. WALKING. Walking is a good way to get your babies (human or otherwise) moving. Take it from actress Cristine Reyes, who recently snapped this photo of her daughter and her dog while on a family stroll.
3. RUNNING. If walking isn't intense enough, running or jogging is a good alternative. In Metro Manila alone, blogs like Pinoy Fitness lists down several to choose from. And if you're really up for it, why not join a fun run or marathon like actors Piolo and Inigo Pascual?
4. FOOTBALL. An exciting option for bigger families, you can split yourselves into teams and try scoring in one another’s goals. Or you could be like Dyan Castillejo’s son Matthew with his cousins and just do drills in your backyard.
5. INDOOR CYCLING. Amp up your workout game like the Beckhams with this, cardiovascular yet muscle-building, type of exercise. Studios like Ride Revolution and Electric Studio hold classes in group-setting, making them friendly for the entire brood.
6. SNOWBOARDING. The cold didn't seem to bother the Magdayaos! If it's winter and you happen to be in a country like the US, take your family out to snowboard. Not only will it work out your major muscle groups, but it'll be an experience to remember (especially for those who have never seen snow).
7. SWIMMING. PBA player JC Intal knew just how entertain baby Lucia in water. He not only kept her safe in a swimming pool, but made sure she was smiling all throughout! Take a dip in the pool when you want an exercise that beats the heat, burns calories, and has practically no impact on your joints.
8. BODYWEIGHT TRAINING. Siblings Solenn and Erwan Heussaff are ultimate #bodygoals, and in this early January post from the French-Filipina actress’ Instagram, she shows us that we don’t always need a gym to get a good sweat.
ALSO READ: In Focus: Check Out How Immense An Impact Women Working Out Together Makes
Photographs from: Instagram.com/mralikhatibi, Instagram.com/mrscristinekhatibi, Instagram.com/dyancastillejo, Instagram.com/solennheussaff, abs-cbn.com, and looklive.com